Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

vitamin d - take some!

*edit* 28 oct... go read this: ctvnews.ca/health/more-t...tudy-1.5162396
*edit*

i posted this originally to my facebook a week or two ago...

is it just me, or is there an increasingly positive case for taking vitamin d as a way to help reduce covid? (and other issues)

is there any downside in everyone taking vitamin d tablets? is there a reason this hasnt been discussed more by news/government? it seems like they should be shouting about this a lot more...

(i already take vitD as i was diagnosed a few years ago with a severe deficiency.)

thelancet/journals/l...268-0/fulltext

bmj/content/371/bmj.m3872/rr

bbc/news/health-52371688

news.sky/story/coronavir...-find-12081132

birmingham.ac.uk/news/la...udy-shows.aspx

and then today i read that they are starting trials for it!

bbc/news/amp/health-54526652

Have a look at this. Join up if you can, it can't hurt at the very least! Alternatively, go buy some vitamin d tablets for yourself. I'm on a fairly high dose as I was diagnosed as deficient a few years ago, and even pre-covid it really helped! I stopped falling asleep randomly, feeling less achey in general and overall started feeling a lot better after a few months of regular tablets...

even if it is found NOT to help reduce covid, the benefits are positive anyway. just dont overdose on the stuff (10000iu a day? thats probably a bad idea and can cause issues, but 1000-2000iu a day should be fine... i have 10k once a week or so

Edited at 09:58 AM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I don't really take any vitamins, I should really. My sister is a huge vitamin fan. Not really sure what to get, I did look online last week at them but so many found it hard to know. Would be interested in getting some vit D ones in particular.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if its any help, i currently take these. i have one every few days

amazon/gp/product/...nguag e=en_GB
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I started taking vitamin D towards the end of 2019 - I did a bit of research and was happy with this

I realise that is quite a high dose, but not too high.

The instant impact I found was that I went from falling asleep on the sofa every night to never falling asleep on the sofa - it was kinda strange to have the change so quickly.

I recommend it to everyone - it's the only additional vitamin I take

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We do, have done before Covid, good helpful post
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
It's not new news at all - the effect of vitamin D on respiratory tract infections has been widely researched.

I'm pretty sure I posted this here when it was published well over six months ago:

A worthwhile reminder though, particularly as the sun's power now wanes, we spend more time indoors and we get less vitamin D naturally than we do in the summer.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
The instant impact I found was that I went from falling asleep on the sofa every night to never falling asleep on the sofa - it was kinda strange to have the change so quickly.

I recommend it to everyone - it's the only additional vitamin I take
me too. a while back i was randomly falling asleep at my desk at work. i even fell asleep in a client meeting!

after my boss pulled me up on it, i went to the doctors to get checked out, and a week later, i was prescribed vitamin d. within a month the random narcolepsy had stopped completely, and within 3 months or so i was feeling much better overall. in the uk, i think we should all be taking it unless you work on a building site or something... for the rest of us office/shop workers, stuck indoors all day (especially right now when a lot of us arent even leaving the house) it just seems like this should be something the government and media should be shouting about constantly...
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Started popping in March. Pop every day.

Disney332
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I'm popping to boots this eve to pick up a prescription so may pick up these, do you take them daily, sorry if that is a dumb question.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I pop one on days I am not out in the Summer sun - have done for years. It is also said it may help with many MH issues So why not try ? It’s nothing new that they help fight virus - my Mother used to say that in the 1960/70’s !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List