Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

November Pro's and Con's ?

Hello, I was planning on returning to Orlando in May of next year ( never been at that time before) but i've noticed a few postings re large school/cheerleading groups being about at this time so that is putting me off slightly, so I was wondering maybe going this November departing maybe on the 11th. Again never been at this time also, so can anyone give me an idea what the weather and crowds are like at this time, or am I giving myself too much concern over May. Thank you.

p.s I don't plan on doing Disney this time, just Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens, if that makes any difference.
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

We've been first two weeks in November for the past 4 years.

The weather is great - warm with hardly any rain. Last year we had 10 of our 14 days over 85F. Can be occasional cool days e.g. our final day it was 65F - I reckon that it is the coolest it has been during the day. The evenings get a bit cooler but still able to walk about in shorts and t-shirts.

We've not been to the parks much over the past few years. We have noticed it becoming busier every year. When we went to Animal Kingdom in Nov 2017 the wait for Pandora ride was 3 hours until around 5pm.

Hope that is helpful.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We going either May or November, and prefer November as the crowds are quieter and it’s usually drier than May. However, May is lovely and warm and it’s lighter for longer so the days seem longer.
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pk67 View Post
We've been first two weeks in November for the past 4 years.

The weather is great - warm with hardly any rain. Last year we had 10 of our 14 days over 85F. Can be occasional cool days e.g. our final day it was 65F - I reckon that it is the coolest it has been during the day. The evenings get a bit cooler but still able to walk about in shorts and t-shirts.
I second the above! We went last ear (2018) for the 1st 2 weeks of November and the weather was beautiful! Lots hotter than we were expecting (had only been in Feb previously).

We thought the parks were pretty quiet, apart from Veteran's day weekend. As this is a long weekend for most people, and also MVMCP starts around then, so it was noticeably busier than the rest of the holiday.
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

November is our favourite time to go. Sadly now restricted to school holidays so can't go at this time.
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Mist if our trips are November, still warm, but nights draw in quite early.
You will need a jumper some nights, (you can tell tge Brits by wearing shorts and polos whilst locals are in coats lol) but at least you don’t get many rain showers.
We go the weekend after Thanksgiving, and come back before the Christmas rush, so you get the Christmas decorations without the crowds.
If you go early November yiu can still get Unuversals Halloween Horror nights

Only downside us the charters stop running flights at that time, so choice is reduced, but flights are cheaper.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,

Edited at 06:39 PM.
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I go in November this year, we only do Disney. Never been in November before either.

I already see Blizzard Beach is closed for the time we are there, are there many other attractions closed this time of year ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
I go in November this year, we only do Disney. Never been in November before either.

I already see Blizzard Beach is closed for the time we are there, are there many other attractions closed this time of year ?
It’s it’s annual refurb , nothing else closed but park hrs are restricted due to the Disney mvmcp parties and close earlier than summer and obviously darker .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I went last week of November last year and it was freezing on some days. Conversely had been before at same time 5 years earlier and it was warm. I’ve heard the former isn’t usual but best be prepared just in case.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I spent a lot of time debating this and finally booked 14th November for 9 days. Fingers crossed for next year. I’m ok with jumper in evening and v early morning but really hope daytime temp is at least 23/24
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List