Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Jul 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile Has anyone stayed at Endless Summer yet?

Morning!

We've booked Endless Summer Surfside for 2 nights next year... but the TripAdvisor reviews are underwhelming to say the least! Im hoping that they get their act together by the time we visit, but just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience?
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CSanders22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Looking at booking this for a week next year. For the price and location I think its well worth it, from the reviews I'd just suggest spending as much time out and about as possible. Broken elevators is something they should get fixed pretty soon.

Hopefully someone whose already stayed can comment. I'm staying positive though! Its a great location and price, we've got 3 adults staying so nice to have a bed each.
CSanders22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Reviews always seem bad at first. I remember when Sapphire Falls opened it got a right slating - now it gets pretty much glowing reviews.

We had a look at the lobby and the pool a couple of weeks ago, both very nice. I would stay there. You get the perks of early opening and a great location - very convenient for eating on I Drive which has better choice and is much better value than the places at Citywalk.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mrs YT is worried, we are there in just over a week. She nearly booked a suite at Sapphire instead, but it had gone. I suggested Hard Rock club, but she doesn't want us all in one room (we have Hard Rock for 1 night only after our cruise).
Finger's crossed it'll be OK. I thought with it being Leows and good concept art, it would be great. Now im wishing I'd booked a suite elsewhere.
Oh well, I could only be pleasantly surprised now.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at booking a week in a suite next year. But having looked at all the videos decided against it.
Not a lot of storage space and toilet and bath in one room ruled it out for us.
Going for a family suite at cabana bay instead which is about £200 more.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Problem with Cabana Bay is just a sofabed but no real kitchen area. We like to have breakfast in room etc. So Mrs YT rules that out also!
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Problem with Cabana Bay is just a sofabed but no real kitchen area. We like to have breakfast in room etc. So Mrs YT rules that out also!
I know, I’ve been back and forth between the two. Only four of us so don’t need the sofa bed to sleep on. And would prefer the sofa to the picnic table I think. We ate breakfast either on the stools or sofa this year and it was fine.
The two bed at cabana bay would be ideal if it wasn’t £2.5k for a week!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mrs YT is worried, we are there in just over a week. She nearly booked a suite at Sapphire instead, but it had gone. I suggested Hard Rock club, but she doesn't want us all in one room (we have Hard Rock for 1 night only after our cruise).
Finger's crossed it'll be OK. I thought with it being Leows and good concept art, it would be great. Now im wishing I'd booked a suite elsewhere.
Oh well, I could only be pleasantly surprised now.
YT will you do a quick review whilst you are there? I’m staying there not long after you
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
YT will you do a quick review whilst you are there? I’m staying there not long after you
Of course, I’ll put up a video review I think and link it to here. I’ve just watched a few YouTube videos and it looks nice on them. Also the reviews on Booking.com are very good.
I’ll avoid the food and I hope it will be all good, but I’ll let you know.
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Interesting to read everyone's replies, thank you. I'm hoping that they will definitely get their act together soon... it certainly is good for the price. And we will only be using it as a base. Here's hoping!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List