Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Sep 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Mobile Does Discovery Cove admission no longer include alcohol?

Hi

Can someone tell me, does standard Discovery Cove admission no longer include alcohol? I'm reading about a drinks package, is this right?
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

As far as I know it does. They put out an "upgraded drinks package" option a couple of years ago but they still included the Budweiser/Sam Adams products, wines, and frozen cocktails they always have in the regular admission price.

We paid for the upgraded drinks package and then I asked for my money back as it was dire. The speciality cocktails were poured from a carton and a shot of alcohol added to them and they were gross. The mojito was luminous green and have never ever seen a real sprig of mint. The craft "beers" weren't actually beer; it was one Pale Ale, two lagers, and a cider. The other beer they told me was part of the package was their regular gluten free offering.

The massage package however, now that's worth the extra. It was wonderful
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
The massage package however, now that's worth the extra. It was wonderful
What's this and how much is it? I'm looking on the DC website and I can't seem to find it amongst all the other packages
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by r2001uk View Post
What's this and how much is it? I'm looking on the DC website and I can't seem to find it amongst all the other packages
I can't either! When we had the massage, it was a new upgrade and came out the same time as the drinks package. Maybe it wasn't popular enough so it's been dropped? If I Google "Discovery Cove Massage" there is information about it, but I can't find it on their site either? From memory it was $45 or so for a back, neck, shoulder and scalp massage. Such a shame if they don't have it now
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Mobile

Here is a link with the info on
attractionsmagazine/disc...-trek-options/
Bit pricier than I remember but it was fab.
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went last week, I wasn't drinking as I had the DGC and was driving. However, my husband was and he had Budweiser products - he was told to tell bar staff if he wanted cocktails to say we had booked prior to 1st May.

He's happy with lager so no need and there were plenty of snacks, food, ice cream and various non-alcoholic drinks available for the children.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

guests get unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica for 14 consecutive days around their Discovery Cove reservation, does that mean you can visit those parks as many days as we want?
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
r2001uk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Here is a link with the info on
attractionsmagazine/disc...-trek-options/
Bit pricier than I remember but it was fab.
Thanks, I can always ask on the day. I hope they do still do it
r2001uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
guests get unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica for 14 consecutive days around their Discovery Cove reservation, does that mean you can visit those parks as many days as we want?
Yes you can.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
The information on the website (and at the park) is very confusing/misleading, I think! The website makes it look like no alcohol is included any more but that's not the case.

We visited a few weeks ago and the standard (ie. free) visit includes unlimited basic wine/beer and the frozen cocktails from the machine. The upgraded (ie. paying) package includes a better selection of wines/beers and also several cocktails. These are SO much better than the upgrade cocktails available a few years ago, that a PP mentioned (I agree, the mojito was vile!) They are proper, freshly-made ones now and, although we didn't like several of them, the Aloha Sunrise (or was it Sunset?!) is to die for. We got a free drinks package at the time but I would pay for it again. You can also have the free package and individually purchase the upgraded drinks but they were quite pricey. Worth noting that one bartender told me that he lets guests have the upgraded wines anyway, even if not on the upgraded package so it mayu be worth trying your luck for a tip The free wines are fine though.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List