Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Thank you
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I leave this for guests

Plus there is a kitchen roll, and in each bathroom a toilet roll and a small hand soap.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Definitely a huge variety in supplies in villa. We've generally found ones in Orlando have very little, or even nothing! However, down on the Gulf coast pretty much everything is supplied. One villa had so much it was as though the owners had scarpered out the back door as we arrived!
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
However, down on the Gulf coast pretty much everything is supplied. One villa had so much it was as though the owners had scarpered out the back door as we arrived!
Going to have to disagree with that, I'm afraid. We're currently in Cape Coral. The owner had arranged for a toilet roll in each bathroom, the remains of a pack of coffee filters, a few dishwasher tablets and no clothes washing supplies at all. Add to that, they charge for the electricity used. Strangely enough they left a bottle of wine. I wonder if the owner and letting agents being German may explain the differences due to different cultures and expectations.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Edited at 09:55 PM.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I echo Dollar tree, I normally check in and see what there is and then plan a trip. I do take some washing tablets because I like my own. I also have cereal for this year that I got from our Poundland. It is quite expensive over there and they were doing bags for a quid (funny enough) double whammy of breakfast and space coming home for pressies!

I have never been in a poorly equipped villa and maybe have always been quite lucky in that case.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Most villas we have stayed at provide a few basics, ie a loo roll in each bathroom, kitchen roll, a bin bag, one or two dishwasher tablets but that's about it.

We used to buy everything on arrival at the supermarket but in recent times I have started to take our own bits and so I now pack:

Dishwasher tablets
Laundry tablets
Surface wipes
Food bags
A couple of big black bin bags

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
it is the law in the Orlando /kissimmeee area that owners must provide I loo roll per toilet, Hand soaps and handtowels per guest...one dishwasher tablet, one bin bag
this is for hygiene and safety reasons
Villa holidays are self catering
It is the norm to then supply very little else in cleaning supplies etc ... some people may be allergic to certain products and could in theory claim for any reactions(the US is the claim continent!) also cleaning products etc can be dangerous if found by inquisitive children
So we are not mean ... just keeping to guidelines !
I do however leave a few bits like insect spray in a high cupboard n the garage..thinking they are out of child reach
You may of course find some washing machine liquid left by previous guests...generally maids are informed to bin anything they find..for the above reasons
villla areas outside the main Disney areas can have different rules as said, may even charge for electricity..
This because they are usually rented out with a different miindset..many guests are staying for 2 or 3 months to escape the north American cold weather and will spend much time in the house itself..!

Hope this clears up some questions...
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!

Edited at 12:47 PM.
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I always take prosecco. And plug adapters of course.
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Mesh laundry bags to protect delicates from being agitated to death in the US-style washing machines.
Bag clips for the massive bags of crisps/cookies.
A roll of kitchen towel.
A couple of jiffy cloths.
A screwdriver and spare handles/locks for our Samsonite suitcases.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List