Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Spending money for 13 nights in Orlando.

Hi,

Wondering how much spending money to take. I was thinking $3350 dollars will be more than enough for me and my partner and 3 year old. As already got 14 day Disney tickets but will probably get universal 2 Park one day tickets which I will buy at Walmart and I’m taking extra just in case as I don’t know if I’m renting a car yet so accounting for transportation, food and shopping. We don’t drink alcohol and will be sticking to breakfast at ihop or dinners and dinners at like Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden ect and fast food options. I’ve only booked two character dining meals currently breakfast at Ohana and breakfast at tusker house restaurant. And also got breakfast booked at the plaza In MK and lunch at garden grill Epcot. I most probably will just the tusker house breakfast character meal and probably cancel the rest just in a week as I only want to do one character meal but didn’t know which would be better the Ohana one or tusker house. And then in the parks we will all be sharing food I hope that will be more than enough spending money. I will leave shopping till the last weekend to see how much I’ve got to spend.
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Should be well enough. We budget $100 per day for 2 adults off site or $150 on-site.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Should be well enough, but depends on how much you spend on eating out. Stay away from expensive restaurants and you’ll be fine.
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

You should be fine.
Check out Dixonsontour for great tips on dining on a budget. Lots of their trip reports. Family of 3.
We love Chilis, Giordanos and Fuddruckers for great food at lower prices. Means we can splurge on Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner a couple of times.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Should be well enough. We budget $100 per day for 2 adults off site or $150 on-site.

Ok cool is that for travel too? Or do you guys rent a car?
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shall80
Trying for More Ears

I know everyone is so different but we manage on a little less than that (usually around $5500 around $200 a day) for a family of 5 for 4 weeks (eating out, fuel for hire car, shopping, villa food).

Sounds like you'll have a great time as yours equates to around $257 a day
Shall80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Shall80 View Post
I know everyone is so different but we manage on a little less than that (usually around $5500 around $200 a day) for a family of 5 for 4 weeks (eating out, fuel for hire car, shopping, villa food).

Sounds like you'll have a great time as yours equates to around $257 a day
Need to get a car though or ubers I’m very stressed by this holiday 😂
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Ubers will chew through that. Get a car if you can.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Thing with car rentals is I find them
So confusing so
You pay for it but they still need to take a deposit ect?
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
From what I've been reading on the car hire section it seems to work out cheaper to use Uber/Lyft. The average people are spending is around £300 on ubers for a 2 week holiday.

In May we spent £400 on a hire car, petrol costs then $25 a day parking on top of that.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List