Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Spain? Still thinking about going?

Is anyone even thinking about still going to Spain? We are booked to go in 2 weeks. We changed it when our Florida flights were cancelled. We’re flying with Ryanair who aren’t cancelling flights and we’ve booked and paid for a villa which is non-refundable and a fair bit of money. We’re going to Murcia where the numbers are really low. We can get insurance for Covid and medical just not cancellation. I still want to go. Am I mad?
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

No I would go

My niece lives in Valencia and life there is pretty much normal at the moment - I aim to flying out later in the year to see her Come what may . I refuse to let this covid stop me doing what I want more than necessary (Ie cant get to the USA but can and will to see my family)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The deciding factor for me would be whether we could work from home for 2 weeks on return. My hubby couldn't so we wouldn't be able to go.

If you can get insurance, done your research on local infection rates and have weighed up the risks, then I dont think you're mad to still go.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I would still go but only if able to quarantine on your return. (I’m halfway through my quarantine period and it’s rubbish but I’d do it again for a week in the sun.)

We went to Gran Canaria and outside of the hotel, the place was empty. Plenty of space for social distancing. Having been to Murcia myself a few times in the height of summer, I think even then you’d be able to social distance safely so think you’ll have no problems now.

The biggest risk is probably the plane. Take wipes, masks and gel to minimise your risk.

Hope you have a great time.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your positive comments. We are ok to self isolate. I have enough holidays and DH has been told he can take unpaid leave by his employer. I probably wouldn’t have been as keen if it was a hotel.
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I would still go but only if able to quarantine on your return. (I’m halfway through my quarantine period and it’s rubbish but I’d do it again for a week in the sun.)

We went to Gran Canaria and outside of the hotel, the place was empty. Plenty of space for social distancing. Having been to Murcia myself a few times in the
height of summer, I think even then you’d be able to social distance safely so think you’ll have no problems now.

The biggest risk is probably the plane. Take wipes, masks and gel to minimise your risk.

Hope you have a great time.

We’re shops and restaurants still open?
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
No I would go

My niece lives in Valencia and life there is pretty much normal at the moment - I aim to flying out later in the year to see her Come what may . I refuse to let this covid stop me doing what I want more than necessary (Ie cant get to the USA but can and will to see my family)
It's not really about that though for many.

For most people it is the ability of being able to go into quarantine for two weeks upon return, if required to do so.

I've been mulling a week or two away somewhere, thinking the quarantine would not be an issue - I work at home, my partner works in a school (so is off right now) and my son is also on school Summer holiday.

The issue as I saw it was grocery shopping to keep us going, but I could easily find friends or family to take care of that for us if we were unable to obtain delivery slots.

But then it dawned on me that if I was in quarantine, I'd not be able to walk the dog, and he needs 3-4 decent walks a day, which would be difficult to cover off without the use of dog walking services, and that's where the hassle factor starts to outweigh the holiday fun hoped for.

14 days at 3 walks a day also begins to get quite expensive to outsource!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
We’re shops and restaurants still open?

Not all restaurants were open but there were enough. Supermarkets and tourist like shops were pretty much all open.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It's not really about that though for many.

For most people it is the ability of being able to go into quarantine for two weeks upon return, if required to do so.

I've been mulling a week or two away somewhere, thinking the quarantine would not be an issue - I work at home, my partner works in a school (so is off right now) and my son is also on school Summer holiday.

The issue as I saw it was grocery shopping to keep us going, but I could easily find friends or family to take care of that for us if we were unable to obtain delivery slots.

But then it dawned on me that if I was in quarantine, I'd not be able to walk the dog, and he needs 3-4 decent walks a day, which would be difficult to cover off without the use of dog walking services, and that's where the hassle factor starts to outweigh the holiday fun hoped for.

14 days at 3 walks a day also begins to get quite expensive to outsource!
Totally understand where you are coming from. I’m struggling without my daily walk and I only need walking once.😩
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’ve been really cautious through all this, but I would go. I’ve got a holiday to Majorca booked for October and we will go if quarantine is lifted. DH wouldn’t be able to take the 14 days off to quarantine so if that’s still in place then we can’t go.

I feel that Majorca’s numbers are much lower than here, I would take every precaution on the plane and at the resort so it’s no more risky than my DH having to work in a factory each day with very little social distancing measures being observed.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List