Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Oct 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 07 - US & IOA

The index is here.

Friday 2nd August 2019

Today’s plan was to head into US, use our FOLP as much as we can, then head over to IOA and try to get on Hagrid’s ride. Head back to the lounge for lunch then head off to Volcano bay for the afternoon. We had a reservation at Hard Rock Café in the evening.

Woke up early to get to breakfast at the lounge when it opened at 0700; there had been quite a lot rain through the night and whilst the sky looked ok, we thought we’d better pack the rain macs.

Breakfast was good, they had enough hot and cold food to go around but the serving part is small so got quite crowded; we picked up some fruit, snacks and water to go with us into the parks as no DDP from hereon

Rather than catching the boat, we walked to US

We took the opportunity to take the obligatory photo in front of the world (good advice from Tim Tracker to stand on the stairs leading to the dock rather than the bridge as it’s a lot quieter)

First stop was Harry Potter, as you can see it wasn’t overly busy so we managed to get on Escape from Gringotts quickly.

You can see how busy the park was.

The Mummy was next and we went on it twice as the FOLP was pretty much a walk on and we love that ride (say it with me “it’s a family favourite” ); next it was Jimmy Fallon, this wasn’t here on our last visit, so first time for us.

DDs and I really liked the ride but DW doesn’t like motion rides too much, so for her it was too much. The story is a bit meh but I would go on it again; up next was Transformers, as Jimmy Fallon still had an after effect on DW, it was just me and DD2 who went on Transformers. I kind of like this ride but wouldn’t be too disappointed if we didn’t go on it.

We stopped in the shop so DW could pick up some M&Ms; think DD2 had something else to eat on her mind

Next up was ET and I really love ET but it’s getting to the point where it looks tired and most of the kids who ride it don’t even know who ET is (or is that bad parenting); there were loads of kids coming out of the ride asking their parents what the ride was about.

Next stop was the Simpsons but we passed this beauty on the way so always have to take a photo

I love the Simpsons bit of the park; love the theming

Myself and DDs went on the Simpsons’ ride, simulators make DW feel really ill so she gave it a miss. I love this ride, maybe because it’s pretty much the same as BTTF; we got off quickly to have another go but the queue was too long, so we headed to Men in Black; which again we really like the ride.

The original plan was to head back to RPR for something to eat in the lounge, but the weather forecast said it was due to heavily rain mid-afternoon so we thought we stay in the parks and then head back to RPR later.

We decided on eating in Mo’s Tavern as we hadn’t been before and it had good reviews.

DDs shared Chicken Thumbs and fountain drinks, DW had Double Batter Chicken Platter with a Flaming Mo and I had Chicken and Waffle sandwich with a Duff beer.

The food was really nice and there was plenty in each platter; we probably should have ordered DDs one each rather than sharing one. We’d definitely recommend eating there and I thought it was value for money at $46.81 (£38.69).

After lunch, DW and DDs went on Rockit Rollercoaster; I’m glad I’ve got the excuse that I’m too tall as you would never get me on that ride We then got on the Hogwarts Express to IOA.

The queue for Hagrid was 180 mins and I think at this part of the summer they realised they couldn’t open it up when the park opened so the ride started at 1200; every time we looked I don’t think the ride time was below 150 mins. It started to rain so, we went to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey; again, it’s a ride we all really like.

When we got out of the ride, it was still slightly raining, DW and DDs are going to love me for putting this in

The rain started coming down really heavy; we headed back to RPR just in time for the lounge to be open. Clearly some drinks were needed after a walk in the rain; but looking out of the window, the rain was not letting up and was getting heavier.

Dinner was due to be at Hard Rock Café but none of us were willing to walk there; so instead we decided to get a Lyft ($8.24 (£6.81)) to the Olive Garden on International Drive.

It was really busy in there but the wait time was only about 20 mins for a table, and the good news…it was half price Blue Moon and Chardonnay 

Starters were unlimited bread and salad; then for mains, DDs had Angel Hair pasta with marinara; DW had Sirloin Steak Pasta Alfredo and I had Cavatapi Marinara Meatballs. For dessert DDs shared Zippola with chocolate sauce.

The food was great and total was $93.11 (£76.95), Lyft back to hotel $8.42 (£6.96)

We had another great day, you do need FOLP in the summer as it saved a lot of time especially on the big rides; shame about Hagrid, we’ll try again tomorrow but not the end of the world if we miss out. The rain spoiled the afternoon a little bit but we made up by chilling and having dinner at Olive Garden.

Tomorrow’s plan is to get up early and head to IOA until lunch then go to the airport to pick up the car. Evening is shopping at Walmart and checking into the villa.

Day 8 can be found here

Edited at 04:51 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Another good day. We like Olive Garden , would love to be there now. Really enjoying your report.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 15 Oct 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Olive Garden is a favourite of ours too. Enjoying the little bit of Florida magic your report is bringing 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List