Old 10 Apr 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzieG
slightly serious Dibber

SuzieG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
{Insert Witty Title} 4 Fly to Florida July/Aug '16 - Day 4: Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens – 27 July 2016

Photos are not up to scratch today! I think I was too hot to bother!

Today we were all up by 7ish and ready to hit the road by 8am.

We arrived at Busch Gardens at 9.18 and were straight on a tram round to the gates.

Cobras Curse was a new ride to use, so we headed there first. A 40 minute wait time was posted, which we accepted as it is a new ride – we thought it would only get longer from here on in! It was actually much quicker, pretty much a walk on! It was such a fun ride! We all really enjoyed it.

We headed to Cheetah Hunt next, where a 5 minute wait was posted, but this actually took about 10 minutes. This was a very smooth and fast ride, and we all loved this too! We then took a slow walk round to Montu … it was already really hot today. Montu was a walk on, so we rode that a couple of times. We then headed back to Cobras Curse to see what the queue was like. A 35 minute wait was posted, so we joined it – it really was 35 minutes this time, but so worth it! Really fun ride.

We then took a walk round to Sheikra, melting along the way. We must’ve bought a drink somewhere along the way though I haven’t noted this down! We passed quickly by the flamingos who were extremely stinky in the boiling sun! Pretty, but geez did they reek!

It was so hot. DD and I were taking a nice leisurely stroll, but the boys were power walking ahead of us, getting on our nerves. The tend to do this all the time, which is why they backs of their heads are often in my photos :angry:… Anyway, Sheikra was a walk on, and we all loved it.

We were a bit peckish by this time, so we decided to beat the lunchtime rush and grab an early lunch (it was about 11.3). DS had the kids chicken platter – he said the chips were nice but the chicken was ‘meh’ (it was on the bone, which he is not a fan of). DD had the kids chicken nuggets – “perfect”. Just the right size for her. DH had the half chicken platter – “flavoursome” and I had rush of madness and had the South West Chicken Salad. This was ok, but there was a LOT of leaves. The tortilla thing was very nice.

We then walked round to Kumba which DH always rides alone – none of us like it, and I won’t go on it again after it made me see stars last time! It was only a 5 minute wait, so he was happy.

After that headed for Falcons Fury. DD was desperate to ride this and I said I’d do it with her, though I wasn’t that keen if I’m honest! (Un)fortunately, it had gone tech and was not working. DD was very sad . Me, not so much .

A bit of a sit down was needed, so we took the train round to Nairobi, with Taz, the very cheesey conductor who made us all laugh.

We went on Cheetah Hunt again after a 30 minute wait. We were all wilting in the boiling heat today, so we decided to head for home. DH got some dippin’ dots on the way, then we got the tram back to the car. It was so hot in the car, DD nearly burned her legs on the seat … we had to wait a while with the doors open and air conditioning on for it to cool down enough for her to sit down!

We stopped off at Publix on the way home for some essentials, then settled in at the villa for an afternoon and evening by the pool. Chicken and potato salad for dinner (I could live on this), a bit of Man Like Robbie (Arsenal Fan TV) and table tennis.

Step count: 11804 (felt like double that in the heat! )

Trip Report Index
SuzieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The evening just chilling out sounds great!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like you got a lot done at Busch gardens! We had tickets but never got to go last year.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzieG
slightly serious Dibber

SuzieG's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The evening just chilling out sounds great!
It's pretty much all we ever do of an evening bunch of lightweights, we are!
SuzieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzieG
slightly serious Dibber

SuzieG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
Sounds like you got a lot done at Busch gardens! We had tickets but never got to go last year.
We do love Busch Gardens - quite a lot to do for everyone I think. The rollercoasters are great, but there's also lots of animals, fun smaller rides ... it does always seem super hot when we go though!
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Love the rides at Bush Gardens and desperate to try out Cobra's Curse Never seems to be overly busy there either

You do have to be careful with those leather seats Think I will keep some towels in the car next time
Old 12 Apr 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Busch Gardens is a must
As we go Christmas time, Christmas Town at Busch is so well done
The ice skating show is so corny but great at that time of the year 😎
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzieG
slightly serious Dibber

SuzieG's Reviews
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Love the rides at Bush Gardens and desperate to try out Cobra's Curse Never seems to be overly busy there either

You do have to be careful with those leather seats Think I will keep some towels in the car next time
Yes! Good idea - we started taking something to sit on after this! Cobra's Curse is so much fun

Originally Posted by DisneyPunk View Post
Busch Gardens is a must
As we go Christmas time, Christmas Town at Busch is so well done
The ice skating show is so corny but great at that time of the year 😎
I would so love to go at Christmas but no-one else here is keen to go at that time!