Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
1927sully
Earning More Ears

Mobile Aer Lingus

What are Aer Lingus like to fly to/from MCO with please? Also, having never flown indirect, how does a change at Dublin work - Do you have to collect your luggage & re check it in, or do Aer Lingus automatically swap it over to the Long Haul plane?
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

You go through pre-clearance where you will arrive in Orlando as a domestic passenger, your luggage is checked straight through so you won't see it until you land other than identifying a photo of your bags on a screen during pre-clearance
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

All checked straight through when booked all together. We did MAN-DUB-MCO last year. No major complaints. The worst part was probably check in at both sides. Very slow and understaffed I would say, however, a small price to pay for the convenience of pre-clearance and a short first leg.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for asking this as we have just booked MAN to MCO via DuB with Aer Lingus and I was wondering the same, nice to know it goes straight through at DUB 😀😀😀👍👍

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

AL is out airline of choice.
But I would be travelling to Dublin the night before. Missing a connection in Dublin is very painful as there are not many flights.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting going EDI-DUB-MCO in May.
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
AL is out airline of choice.
But I would be travelling to Dublin the night before. Missing a connection in Dublin is very painful as there are not many flights.
Hi
I would love to fly the night before but I’ve never managed to get Aer Lingus to offer this on a through ticket. Have found a way to do this.
Thank you
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I live in Ireland so haven't done this through Dublin. But have regularly done similar through London. I use the multi-journey option rather than the return ticket option.
So search for the three flights - ? to Dublin on Day 1; Dublin to Orlando Day 2; Orlando to ? on your return day.

Hope this helps.

Edited at 03:23 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Love, love, love Aer Lingus especially the price and the pre-clearance.

We actually book it as separate tickets so Man-Dub return and Dub-Mco return. We fly in the day before and stay at the Premier Inn. Only because there aren't daily flights to Mco from Dub and Dh would absolutely have a heart attack at the mere thought of missing a connection, hence the night before.

Just be aware coming back can feel dreadful depending on the connection time for your flight Dub- wherever because your journey hasn't ended.

We flew back business class this time so had slept on the plane on a lie flat bed and then gone into the business class lounge at Dublin. Pure bliss.

They sent us to the gate really early only to bus us to another gate. Grrr. Think about meal times and when you can access food too. I have happy memories of a lovely Greggs sausage roll at Manchester airport when we were ravenous! Fortunately situated opposite car key collection for parking!
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Also, while the economy food is good, we always upgrade the meal. This is a nice way to start the holiday.