Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

We fly Virgin every time!

For us a few of the reasons are:

I know how everything works and am familiar with their systems, OLCI, seat selection, luggage allowances etc
Only one delay in about 20 years of travelling.
Fly direct from Manchester.
Collect miles.
IFE.
Better the devil you know!

Whenever I shop around I don't seem to find any suitable alternatives (indirect, fly from London etc) and for the sake of the price difference, for us, the convenience of direct flights justify the extra cost.

We are waiting for Dec flights to be released, there is currently no competition for direct flights from MAN to MCO, so if prices are sky high this could be the first time that I really put some effort into finding an alternative route etc

Ali x

Edited at 05:12 PM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We fly with whichever airline is the cheapest and flies direct (we will consider indirect if significantly cheaper).

Unfortunately that now limits us to either Virgin or TUI. But in the past we've flown with Thomas Cook, Monarch, Thomson, etc.

Later this year we'll be flying with Virgin for the very first time. I'm expecting good things from them, considering how many others choose to fly with them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

I have flown x3 with Thomas cook, x1 with tui but have always seen the big red bird whilst going to our gate and wishing we was going on that one lol. We are flying with them to Florida this August as we got a good quote and will be in the bubble,
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurynn
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

This year we’re flying with Virgin. We wanted to avoid Norwegian (great on their own Dreamliners - nightmare coming back on a partner plane). BA was £50 cheaper but would cost us £100 to choose our seats so went with Virgin.
Aurynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

We use Virgin because when we had a family emergency, they went beyond what could have been expected to help us. It's not what you get when things go right that counts.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

No better until things go wrong, then our experience they’re way ahead of the others. Got caught up in Dorian, flight cancelled, rebooked flight from LGW to MCO onto LHR to Key West with one click on the app from the bathroom of the Premier Inn North at 00:15 hours. We were on the plane before most airlines even answered the phone 👍
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

have flown others in the past but last 6/7 trips I would say have been virgin and I really like them.
Flying from manchester, so direct and easy
Love down town Disney check in
Staff have always been pleasant and helpful on flights
Service has always been good
collect miles to fly with them although would probably pay a little more to fly virgin if I had too
reliable
informative and everything is open in regards to cost
familiarity with how everything works now how to book etc.
Most importantly how they deal with everything when it goes wrong. We were also delayed by Dorian last year and they were in contact every step of the way. offered to bring us home early if we wanted (we refused that) rebooked us on a flight a couple of days later. that ended up being cancelled and we were rebooked on another one to gatwick which we weren't happy about and they were eventually able to sort that out and fly us back to Manchester. When we got home all additional hotel and food expenses paid without any issue and compensation given for disruption and cancelled flights. For me they handled it brilliantly and its worth paying extra and booking with them again for peace of mind that if it goes wrong in any way they will sort it out.
Flying club are always really helpful when on the phone.
Each to their own but for my family we really like flying virgin
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
We use Virgin because when we had a family emergency, they went beyond what could have been expected to help us. It's not what you get when things go right that counts.
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
No better until things go wrong, then our experience they’re way ahead of the others. Got caught up in Dorian, flight cancelled, rebooked flight from LGW to MCO onto LHR to Key West with one click on the app from the bathroom of the Premier Inn North at 00:15 hours. We were on the plane before most airlines even answered the phone 👍
These two posts make a valid point, Virgin are outstanding in situations when things go wrong.

When we travelled in 2016, we used the Disney Springs check in with Virgin. When we were there they checked all 16 of us in, however my boyfriend at the time kept getting an error message on his passport, and no name was listed for the flight..

Turns out he had booked himself on the same flight number for the following day wasn't so funny at the time and should have been one of my red flags that it wasn't going to last.

Anyway, the guy at the Virgin check in desk done some moving around and managed to move him to our flight! completely free of charge, no questions asked.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Virgin were amazing in May on our honeymoon they really went above and beyond, but the lack of competition in Manchester means that the price we paid for Premium is the Economy price for this year so I may look into another airline. I like the convenience of direct though so we will see what happens

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Just to add to other comments on this topic, we had flights booked for July last year but had a devastating family bereavement in the April. Virgin really went above and beyond to look after us, showed genuine compassion and empathy, meant the world to us.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List