Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

First time in a villa - Emerald Isle - I have some questions

Hi All

I am looking for you all for your knowledge as I am putting my plan together and have lots of questions!
  1. What is the nearest / best value supermarket to Emerald Isle?
  2. I have seen there is a Mannys, Bahama Breeze and Outbacks near by - are these particular ones nice as I have read on here that there depending on location these chain resturants can go one of two ways.
  3. Where would be good for breakfast?

I know I will have lots of other questions, but my plan is looking a little blank at the moment for our second (villa) week as this is all new to me and so I would appreciate any recommendations you have at all for this area.

thanks in advance.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The nearest supermarket is the Marketplace (Winn Dixie) at the top of Formosa Gardens Blvd near to the Outback Steakhouse. That’s less than 5 mins drive, and you could possibly walk it in 25 mins or thereabouts. However you also have a Walmart (Old lake Wilson Road) and aTarget (Rolling Oaks) which are only a few minutes further drive and are MUCH cheaper.

Bahama breeze is at Rolling Oaks and the Manny’s is a bit further West.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019

Edited at 04:58 PM.
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve not personally stayed in Emerald Isle but we have in Formosa Gardens Estate which is right opposite the entrance. Nearest supermarket will now probably be the new Walmart Superstore on Lake Wilson Road as I believe the Winn Dixie has shut down. We prefer the Publix on the 192, opposite Millers. Also Super Target but will be more expensive and not a great selection for groceries, great for everything else though!
Restaurants, we love Millers, Bahama Breeze and Longhorn Steakhouse.
Breakfast has to be Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans or Perkins

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just got back from our holiday and went to the Target (at the Rolling Oaks plaza mentioned) where the Bahama Breeze is. We too like Publix for shopping, especially deli items, although Walmart is cheaper.
There is a Cheddar Scratch restaurant in that area which was very nice and also the Longhorns.
For breakfast you could try Cracker Barrel.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We like supertarget. Just nicer environment than walmart which always seemed like a cattle market and tills were horrendous. Great beer cave!
Recommend rock and brews. We also used uber on the odd evening so we could all drink only 5/ 6 dollars to get to the 192 area.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Also use sherberth road for quick access to disney. On way out follow signs for animal kingdom to get back to sherberth road but dont turn into animal kingdom!
We always stopped at mc d for a quick breakfast snack at entrance to sherberth road. We found this cheapest option for a quick fuel stop before hitting Disney if you dont want a full on breakfast.. no tips in fast food places which can tally up quite considerable over a holiday.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You are spoilt for restaurants and shopping
market place has shut, but on that Plaza area is Outback Steak house, TGI Fridays, Cracker barrel and more ...across the road is Red Lobster
you can go Publix for groceries ..Apple bees and Millersale house at that turn...opposite Rolling Oaks which has Bahama Breeze, Sweet Tomatoes, Longhorn Steak house, Olive Garden, Panera Bread and more...
we prefer Publix to Walmart
Before you reach Rolling Oaks is Margarittaville with another great range of restaurants, inc Rock and Brew
Fords' Garage and Studio Grilll..$5 for a film Tuesday nights...
Turn left out of EI...Follow Funie steed Road turn left again a the 4way stop and then up to the 192 turn left again...
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!

Edited at 05:23 PM.
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all. I need to save all the info in this post ready for August!

It's making me hungry
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Steveje View Post
Also use sherberth road for quick access to disney. On way out follow signs for animal kingdom to get back to sherberth road but dont turn into animal kingdom!
We always stopped at mc d for a quick breakfast snack at entrance to sherberth road. We found this cheapest option for a quick fuel stop before hitting Disney if you dont want a full on breakfast.. no tips in fast food places which can tally up quite considerable over a holiday.
We’ve pulled into AK a few times aiming for Sherbeth Road don’t panic if you do, just tell them at the booth and they’ll let you through to get back on the road

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
We’ve pulled into AK a few times aiming for Sherbeth Road don’t panic if you do, just tell them at the booth and they’ll let you through to get back on the road
We did this last year when we first went to our villa in Indian Creek. I started to panic when I realised my mistake but the cast members where fine when I explained.

Fingers crossed we don't do it again this year when we stay on Emerald Island.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List