Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I put valuables like passports and tablets etc in my rucksack which stays with me. Suitcases can stay in car, just clothes so not bothered too much.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
1) Ask the villa owner if a late checkout is available
2) If there is a clubhouse at the villa location you can probably leave them there (you can at High Grove )
3) keep your valuables with you but if you have a car not an suv put them in the boot
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When we stayed at a villa and had the same problem, someone was checking in the day that we left so no option of late checkout. We booked a night onsite which saved us a couple of days free parking at the parks, gave us emh and bell services. We also returned the car early (to the swan/dolphin) and took the magical express back to the airport. It was a lovely end to the holiday and took the stress off the last day or two.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

We also fly Aer Lingus so we book an extra night at the hotel where we are staying. Costly but easier for us to have access to beds for a quick nap, a shower etc.

We first did this by accident when we booked the hotel for free dining and then flights later. It would have cost us a fee to amend the hotel with Disney then we thought actually it would be better to do it this way.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

There is a baggage storage company called Orlando baggage storage who do free pick up and delivery to airport $5 per bag. Although I have not used them I have used a similar service in singapore which was brilliant
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

Try Orlando Baggage Storage near Disney Springs. They also offer pick up and delivery to Orlando Airport.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

When we stayed in a villa we booked the extra night.

Got up went for breakfast and the parks for a couple of hours before heading back for a swim and shower before heading to the airport.

If we are in a hotel - we get them to store the luggage and head out.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
When we stayed in a villa we booked the extra night.

Got up went for breakfast and the parks for a couple of hours before heading back for a swim and shower before heading to the airport.

If we are in a hotel - we get them to store the luggage and head out.
Thanks all. I've been in touch with the owner and I think I'm going to book the extra night. It will just be so much more relaxing that way.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saraflorence View Post
Try Orlando Baggage Storage near Disney Springs. They also offer pick up and delivery to Orlando Airport.
The extra day is the best bet but if ever not available then the company mentioned above is next to Rack Room Shoes in Lake Buena Vista Factory stores and will hold bags for $5 per bag. I haven't used their collection or delivery so can't comment on that. We just turned up and left the bags in the morning and collected at 6pm. Worked well for us and no problem parking. Also found the shoes I had been looking for all holiday in the right size and colour in rack room on sale. Still had the cases as well so didn't have to carry them so double win. They have an internet site for more info.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List