Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re never without ours, I renew them as soon as they run out, they cost a pittance in comparison with the holiday.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
All good advice thanks and will renew them as soon as they run out in March.
Hiya Lazz, the DHS updated name requirements late 2018, pay particular attention to the diagram/text alongside the name question to complete ESTA as requested
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Lazz, the DHS updated name requirements late 2018, pay particular attention to the diagram/text alongside the name question to complete ESTA as requested
One quick question. My passport is just going through its renewal. Can I apply for my ESTA on my existing passport or should I wait for my new one to arrive?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
One quick question. My passport is just going through its renewal. Can I apply for my ESTA on my existing passport or should I wait for my new one to arrive?
Wait for your new passport, otherwise you have to do your ESTA again (it’s linked to your passport).
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Wait for your new passport, otherwise you have to do your ESTA again (it’s linked to your passport).
Thank you 👍
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
OP

I didn't realise from your first post that you had to renew your passport as well otherwise my advice would have been identical.

New passport = new ESTA notwithstanding when the current ESTA expires.

Mick
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I normally do ours a couple of months before we go... by reading everyone's response on here I obviously like Flying by the seat of my pants... literally !

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I normally do ours a couple of months before we go... by reading everyone's response on here I obviously like Flying by the seat of my pants... literally !
I do the same...I have never considered them not being approved! I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be?
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
I do the same...I have never considered them not being approved! I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be?
Hi Gemma, oft travellers are unaware why ESTA is denied, per Dibbers who, unknowingly, fell victim to the 2012 Sanford blip, when they next made ESTA application, too close to travel, they were unable to resolve and lost their holidays with no recompense, the DHS do not accept liability and travel insurance doesn't cover travel doc issues. In my instance, after cira 20 years of US travel, I was mistakenly flagged as a 61 day over-stayer.
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Gemma, oft travellers are unaware why ESTA is denied, per Dibbers who, unknowingly, fell victim to the 2012 Sanford blip, when they next made ESTA application, too close to travel, they were unable to resolve and lost their holidays with no recompense, the DHS do not accept liability and travel insurance doesn't cover travel doc issues. In my instance, after cira 20 years of US travel, I was mistakenly flagged as a 61 day over-stayer.
Thanks for this info Chris...will submit them earlier this time as ours are due for renewal before our trip in July... naively, I hadn't thought about an instance of a computer glitch! I guess an easy assumption to make is that you answer the questions, have no criminal record, haven't outstayed your welcome on previous trips, therefore it should be approved no problem!