Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

We stayed in POFQ in 2018 and we loved it, the resort was so lovely and quiet and didn't take long to walk anywhere and we also like how there's just one bus stop. The food court was good too and beignets were delicious! We're hoping to go back there next year because we loved it so much
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Stayed in both. POFQ by miles. Just lovely. Really nice compact resort, everything close by. As a family we liked Riverside but wouldn’t go back whereas we can’t wait to go back to French Quarter.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for POFQ! Have only ever taken a stroll around Riverside.
The best thing is at the end of the night, when you get the bus back to the resort from the park, FQ is dropped off before Riverside when it shares and you don’t have very far to walk to get your tired feet to bed! Not too far to nip to the QS for a drink or snack, even with tired feet!
We use the quiet pool at other resorts but are more than happy at the pool here and have been back to FQ several times.
Also, beignets are tasty 😋
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

We stayed at POFQ in 2017 and are going back in April. We loved it. We do have two little ones so found the pool and splash area perfect for them. Also love that it is a smaller resort, with one bus stop and the few times we ate at the food court it was great, although I think they’ve changed some of the menus since we last visited. Hoping to take a walk around POR next time to see what it’s like.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Thank you all for your comments, really good to see the different opinions. Given me a lot to think about. Transportation is a key one, we like the idea of riding the boat and a bus service that you don't have to wait ages for. As a couple we'll likely be out in the evenings so want something that is easily accessible to places
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I have also stayed at both - POR was my first visit in 2013, and then have stayed in POFQ twice since then and going back in April. They are both beautiful resorts, but POFQ wins for me as I like the compact size and one bus stop. Wherever you are you can get to the bus, food court and boat dock easily. I do enjoy a walk around POR though as it is lovely and relaxing, but I would always choose POFQ now.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We stayed at POR 2 years ago.

I think I am right in saying, wherever you stay you are close to a bus stop and a pool. You may be a little walk from the main pool and food court...but what a lovely walk!

I loved the theming at POR, and although I liked the main pool, it did get busy, so the small pool (actually it was bigger than the main pool I think!) worked well as had a launderette and was quiet relaxing and close for dips after parks.

The POR food hall was bigger with more choice, therefor busier - a couple of different options at POFQ. Both have the boat to DS - a lovely trip.

POR would be my fist choice - but would would happily stay at POFQ - maybe we would like it better...but if not, POR is close by anyway...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at POR and absolutely loved it. I personally think it looks prettier than FQ. I just preferred the look of it. We spent an afternoon at FQ & did enjoy the pool.

We went to our quiet pool by our room most evenings which we loved.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

I think first and foremost if you are looking to eat at the resort then check out the different menu options for POR and POFQ.

There are lots of walk through videos on YouTube that might help you out. We have stayed at POR 3 times but have been over the FQ.

Both are beautiful resorts, FQ is small and the buildings are visually very pretty. Riverside has 2 aspects to it, Magnolia Bend, with large mansion style buildings, it feels regal and elegant, and our favourite, Alligator Bayou full of little bridges over water, large shady trees offering dappled shade as the paths meander their way between the buildings.

The walk by the river, ink black at night and picturesque in the day, feels like a world away from the hustle of the parks. This is why we like AB. It feels like a retreat, a place to recharge your batteries.

We have used the main pool there once but much prefer the quiet pools.

Re the buses, it can be hit and miss. For the vast majority of the time we have been very happy with them and the boat down to Disney Springs. Occasionally we have waited over 20 minutes, that was from Epcot and Disney Springs back to POR. After Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios the line for POR was very long, so we edged our bets and caught the one back to FQ and walked back down the river. That was because the park closed when Fantasmic kicked out so everyone was leaving the park. Not great timings there Disney!
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney View Post
POFQ is my fav moderate, Saying that I have never stayed on POR but always take a stroll over when staying at POFQ and really love the look of POR, We also love the QS and TS eateries at POR.

The reason we love POFQ we love the how small it is, How it is only a couple of mins walk to get anywhere.

We like that it only has one bus stop. We like the pool. We love the outlay, the quaintness.

To us it just feels like a really special place, I dont think you can go wrong with either PoFQ or POR.
This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Plus my fave thing about the two resorts is the Beignet Dash!
Days Inn Days Lodge, June 89 & 92. Travelodge Maingate East, July 03. West Stonebridge Villa, June 08. Orange Tree Villa, July 10. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 11. Hilton Bonnet Creek, Sept 13. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 14. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 16. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 17. Hotel New York Disneyland Paris, Sept 18. Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris, Sept 23. Margaritaville Resort, Nov 24.
Mr Darwen Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List