Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Tendonitis

I have tendonitis in both my knee's and it is really starting to frustrated me. I am on a bit of a health kick and want to run 5k so doing the couch to 5k training along with other gym stuff.

It is just impossible to run at all, to be fair its quite difficult to walk as my right kneecap slips all the time and the left struggles single weight baring (getting up the stairs is fun)

I have purchased lots of aids and nothing supports my knees enough to exercise. Waiting for NHS physio but I have no idea how long the wait list is.

Bleak hope but if anyone has suffered with this any miracle supports I should be trying.
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Sorry to hear your in pain.

When I was in my late 20’s early 30’s I used to do a lot of kickboxing and ended up with tendinitis in my hip . It was agony .

I didn’t want drugs so I done some research and found out about the benefits of taking devils claw combined with glucosamine.

Anyway I done a lot of reading up on the 2 combined and after sourcing a recommended type of tablet , I started taking and it sorted it out .

Try looking it up and reading up on the benefits .
I currently have my husband on it too as his shoulder is bad and I think it’s helping. We but ours from healthspan .

Hope you feel better soon .

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 11:30 AM.
yogadeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Why not try and find a recommended sport massage therapist.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Every time I see threads like this, I can’t believe that people wait weeks in pain for NHS physio ... just book one yourself and take it from there...it’ll cost about £40 for an appointment and you can start treatment straight away.
Good luck.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Sounds interesting - what tablets do you use?

MY knees are shot after years of football, had them 'cleaned out' but it's basically arthritis, and ligaments/muscles ache from knee round to hip and lower back. My shoulder suffered multiple dislocations over 20 years, had it repaired, but again arthritis and ligament damage / stiffness. I am too young (ha!) to have anything replaced...
Devils claw and glucosamine from healthspan .

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I have tendonitis in both my knee's and it is really starting to frustrated me. I am on a bit of a health kick and want to run 5k so doing the couch to 5k training along with other gym stuff.

It is just impossible to run at all, to be fair its quite difficult to walk as my right kneecap slips all the time and the left struggles single weight baring (getting up the stairs is fun)

I have purchased lots of aids and nothing supports my knees enough to exercise. Waiting for NHS physio but I have no idea how long the wait list is.

Bleak hope but if anyone has suffered with this any miracle supports I should be trying.
Had tendonitus in my knees loads of times. Physio was needed each time - maybe 8 sessions. They carried out deep tissue work, and the machine that basically drills electrical impulses into your knee to rebuild the muscle.
The big thing was quad stretches - pull your foot up behind your bum for 30s at a time. Five reps - three times per day.
Recovery time for me with the physio was generally 2 months.
I still do the quad stretches a few times per week and this seems to have kept it at bay.
Tendonitus seems to happen when your muscles aren't strong enough and when you then over use the knee, the tendons are the next stage beyond the muscle. So they give and get damaged.
TBH., I paid the money to see a private physio. Worth every penny. To me physios are magicians. A good one can work miracles. Finding a good one is the hard bit. Generally it seems sports physios seem to be the best.

Edited at 01:56 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Every time I see threads like this, I can’t believe that people wait weeks in pain for NHS physio ... just book one yourself and take it from there...it’ll cost about £40 for an appointment and you can start treatment straight away.
Good luck.
I had hip bursitis last year. I was in agony and was told there was a waiting list for an NHS physio and decided to go private. It was money well spent - I was cured by the time my NHS appointment came through about 3 months later.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

DH was told rest & buy a patella tendon strap. Also to use ibuprofen.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by storm View Post
DH was told rest & buy a patella tendon strap. Also to use ibuprofen.
I tried the straps today, they had really good reviews but did nothing for me sadly. I was really hoping they would work too.

The GP gave me prescription pain relief, I cannot take them at the moment as having a colonoscopy tomorrow but will dose up again later in the week.
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Had tendonitus in my knees loads of times. Physio was needed each time - maybe 8 sessions. They carried out deep tissue work, and the machine that basically drills electrical impulses into your knee to rebuild the muscle.
The big thing was quad stretches - pull your foot up behind your bum for 30s at a time. Five reps - three times per day.
Recovery time for me with the physio was generally 2 months.
I still do the quad stretches a few times per week and this seems to have kept it at bay.
Tendonitus seems to happen when your muscles aren't strong enough and when you then over use the knee, the tendons are the next stage beyond the muscle. So they give and get damaged.
TBH., I paid the money to see a private physio. Worth every penny. To me physios are magicians. A good one can work miracles. Finding a good one is the hard bit. Generally it seems sports physios seem to be the best.
Thank you, it is encouraging to hear that you did recover. I will have a try of the exercises and also look for a good physio and a sports massage therapist as someone mentioned above.

Honestly I never thought I would get so into exercising so its really frustrating as my head is ready to go but my knees are firmly saying no.