Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Mar 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

Premier inn north Manchester airport

I currently have 2 rooms booked for the Premier Inn North at Manchester airport for the night before our flight at the cost of £160 including breakfast but there is an option of a quad room available including breakfast for £80.

The guidance says the quad room is suitable for 2 adults and 1 child but actually contains 1 double bed, a single bed and a sofa bed. There are 3 adults and 1 teen (myself, DH, DS (22) and DD (13) )

Has anybody stayed in a quad room at this hotel who can advise if it will adequate for our needs? as far as I'm concerned we will only be in the room for less than 12 hours so we are all happy to make do but obviously I would rather nobody slept on the floor. I also don't want to arrive and be refused the room for over occupancy.

Also will the breakfast included in the price cover the 3 adults and 1 child as that is the amount of people on the booking or will the breakfast account for the specified room occupancy (2 adults, 1 child)

I'm thinking it's suitable as I have the correct number of people on the booking and the room is being offered in accordance with that but just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and could clarify please
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
it accomodates us four easy
we are paying 35.00 a room not ic breakfast
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
it accomodates us four easy
we are paying 35.00 a room not ic breakfast
Can I ask the ages of your party please?

I've booked it to secure it as I can cancel for free anyway didn't think about booking the non breakfast option though
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Not sure if this will actually offer much help... but we've been in the family rooms with 4 of us a couple of times. 2 are kids, 3 & 12. So I'm not sure if the booking system takes this into account in terms of what they allow as occupancy given your eldest is an adult, but the beds are certainly ok for adults that are looking to "make do". I'm 6'2" and would happily have slept on any of the 4 beds. I think we had a double, a converted sofa single, a and pull out, they were all set up when we entered the room (both times).

We've paid for breakfast, but the kids eat free at breakfast, (I think your 13yr old qualifies) the hotel cost is significantly offset for us because 2 Adult breakfasts at around a tenner each is a chunk cheaper than 4 airside prices breakfasts. The fact it's buffet and I find it nicer is a double bonus.
Also you may get charged about a tenner for overnight parking at the hotel. (we did one year, one year we didn't, I think that depends on how you book).

Edited at 08:40 AM.
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Not sure if this will actually offer much help... but we've been in the family rooms with 4 of us a couple of times. 2 are kids, 3 & 12. So I'm not sure if the booking system takes this into account in terms of what they allow as occupancy given your eldest is an adult, but the beds are certainly ok for adults that are looking to "make do". I'm 6'2" and would happily have slept on any of the 4 beds. I think we had a double, a converted sofa single, a and pull out, they were all set up when we entered the room (both times).

We've paid for breakfast, but the kids eat free at breakfast, (I think your 13yr old qualifies) the hotel cost is significantly offset for us because 2 Adult breakfasts at around a tenner each is a chunk cheaper than 4 airside prices breakfasts. The fact it's buffet and I find it nicer is a double bonus.
Also you may get charged about a tenner for overnight parking at the hotel. (we did one year, one year we didn't, I think that depends on how you book).
I love the premier inn breakfast so if i book the room without the breakfast we can just pay at the hotel when we arrive, I agree that the cost is far better than airside prices. My biggest concern is the room occupancy, its offering it as an option and regardless of ages I guess the occupancy is still four people and the room is described as a quad with $ sleeping areas so I might just risk it.
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Technically Premier Inn's policy is that there should be no more than 2 adults in a room, which includes any child over the age of 16!

I was assuming that is why you booked 2 rooms because 22 is way over 16.

A "quad room" (as found on Booking.com) is a bog standard family room from what I can tell. A standard family room has the main king sized bed and a "sofa bed" which is just a single bed with the back cushion added to make it a seat if it is not being used as a bed. Then a single trundle bed that lives under the king bed is pulled out.

A lot of families will push the 16 year old age limit because it is ridiculous to have 2 adults and their two children aged 16 and 13 buy an extra room so 1 adult and 1 child stay in each. In fact, Travel Lodge make fun of Premier Inn specifically stating you can have 3 adults in a Travel Lodge room.

The breakfasts for a family room assume the children are both under 16 so 2 adult breakfasts gets you 2 free breakfasts for the children. You have to wait at the podium to be checked in for breakfast so you can't sneak an extra person in etc. If you have paid for breakfast with the room then you are allowed in and choose your own seat, if you haven't paid then you pay at the till before you eat the breakfast.

It would be very obvious at breakfast that your 22 year old is not 15.

You are going to need to keep your two rooms booked due to the 22 year old. I don't think it is worth the risk of trying to check you all into one room.

We have used Premier Inns all over the country on a very regluar basis including Manchester Airport one (both North and South)
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

Thank you this is exactly the information I needed.

The breakfast part wasn't as much an issue as I changed the booking to a room without Breakfast so we could pay at the hotel when we arrive there was definitely no question of sneaking him in, we have stayed before so know about the process in the morning.

Actually come to think of it Last time we stayed my son would have been 17 and we were all in one room so it must have been a quad, nobody questioned it but as he is now 22 we will keep the 2 rooms and cancel the quad.

Thanks for youe help