Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Mar 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I must have been naive before, as I didn’t realise how many women (and men) breast cancer effects, and how young some people are. The clinic I went to seemed to have a lot of younger ladies there now I think about it.

I think that some areas are trialling screening from 47 now, but ours is still 50, and depending on your postcode I beleive that it can be as late as 53 before you have your first.

For anyone due to go soon, please don’t worry about the mammogram, you’re too busy keeping yourself in position to think about anything else, it’s just pressure for a few seconds and then it’s released and onto the next position.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Glad you went and got the all clear. I really wish they would lower the age for the mammograms, my friend got diagnosed with breast cancer on Monday she is in her 30's. To be honest the handful of people I know who have fought breast cancer have all been under 50.
Old 5 Mar 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I counted last night, Dibb FB friends, out of 162 of us, 15 have or have had breast cancer, sadly 4 didn't make it. Women and men need to keep checking, I had two men getting chemo for breast cancer when I had mine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

What age should you get called?
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I think it's 50
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was 27 at diagnosis and I now have a huge group of ladies I’ve met online with breast cancer and the oldest is 33! So even those of you who are of screening age, don’t forget to remind your daughters (and sons) to check regularly.

Coppafeel have loads of resources to help and even a text service which reminds you on the first of every month 💪🏻
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
I was 27 at diagnosis and I now have a huge group of ladies I’ve met online with breast cancer and the oldest is 33! So even those of you who are of screening age, don’t forget to remind your daughters (and sons) to check regularly.

Coppafeel have loads of resources to help and even a text service which reminds you on the first of every month 💪🏻
This age range has shocked me, I never realised so many young people are diagnosed and having to go through this. I’m guessing the screening is deemed ineffective for younger age groups, due to breast density, I beleive that if you haven’t been through the menopause you are more likely to be recalled for further screening. Hopefully with all the charity work to fund research there will be advances in screening of all ages.

I’ll have a look at coppafeel, I must admit that I never checked myself regularly, but certainly will from now on.

Wishing you all the very best in your treatment, and see you’re having a disneymoon around the same time as my trip, how exciting for you! (We just need this virus to do one)

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I got my letter just after my 50th birthday

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moggitymog View Post
Definitely go, i was diagnosed at christmas age 43, currently having treatment. In the waiting room they write on the board how many people did not attend for screening in the month and its frightening, i've also seen people leave the waiting room because they feel they have been waiting too long to be seen.
Sorry to read this. Hope you are managing the treatments okay.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was 50 when I found a lump. I had a lump the year before and got it checked out, it was a cyst that was drained. Wasn’t that lucky with the lump I found the second time - I was tempted to leave it thinking it would be a cyst but forced myself to go and got the devastating news it was cancer. I had Chemo first, surgery and then radio . All clear in Sept last year. The treatment is gruelling but saved my life for now . I would urge anyone who has an opportunity to have a mammogram- take it. For everyone going through treatment now - good luck and stay strong x