Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Current Issues Forum
Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 13 Mar 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well it just goes to show you how pointless the Ďofficialí statistics are. Of course the UK has basically stopped testing anyone who isnít hospitalised so we have- 19 new cases!
Wonderful news.
And we say the Chinese arenít being honest.
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Well it just goes to show you how pointless the Ďofficialí statistics are. Of course the UK has basically stopped testing anyone who isnít hospitalised so we have- 19 new cases!
Wonderful news.
They publicly acknowledged yesterday that they believe up to 10,000 people are currently affected, so I wouldnít call that dishonesty
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our first time at Windsor Hills?
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Apprentice Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Here we go, as requested a brief interval-

Thanks YT. Heartwarming and very very funny. 😂😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
Serious question, why are we so sure that getting this leads to immunity? I know thereís reports of people having antibodies still a couple of weeks after symptoms have gone but does this mean long term immunity? How do we know we wonít just get round 2 of everyone being sick 2 months down the line?
Also there are reports of people getting it twice as there are two different strains, but Italy are looking into thereís being 3 now as a lot of young people are getting very ill over there which hasnít been seen before. How do we know that we even get immunity?
Iíd say that we need to look to the countries it started in to see if those who recovered from it got it again. So far Iím not seeing any reports at all suggesting that is the case though. The cases of twice seem to be people got ill twice , I know when Iíve had flu , my immune system takes a hit so I tend to catch everything else going around in the weeks after too . Whether they were ill with the same or something different doesnít seem to be confirmed at this point.
Thereís so much we donít know ... or arenít getting told.

Edited at 02:28 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Big Birthday Cruise
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Iíd say that we need to look to the countries it started in to see if those who recovered from it got it again. So far Iím not seeing any reports at all suggesting that is the case though.
There have been cases found in China though the theory is that they caught the second strain so same illness, different strain iykwim. What i mean more is how do we know immunity lasts, if itís only for a month or 2 months, wonít we see 2 huge peaks?
Ambermark is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
oh well, was worth a try.
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Wonderful news.
I don't like the lack of testing but in a way the fact that only 19 people had to be tested because they are ill enough is a good thing? (Not for them of course)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Florida!
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
It seems a lot of people agree that it's a "pathetic response".
Many UK sports' governing bodies have made their own decision to cancel events (stand fast the WRU 🙄 ), the roads were like a school holiday morning today and we've had to cancel lectures as students are staying away

Edited at 02:17 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Tentatively planning for fall 2021
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
My husband came back from a conference in america in mid January with a severe flu-like illness. There were lots of Chinese at the conference including a team from Wuhan. We are now thinking he may have had it then. No way of telling now.

I work in a GP surgery and the situation is changing daily but we currently have far less cases than a lot of europe which is why some countries look like they are doing more, they are simply further through the process than we are.

My parents are not taking onboard that they are high risk at all (one is diabetic with lung disorder and one has heart failure!) and are not happy that I have suggested I get their groceries delivered for them and that they shouldn't be mooching round the shops, meeting friends in the pub or going to any big social event at the minute. I think these precautions are sensible but they are not interested!
I swear it has been around longer than we think, end Nov/Dec last year I was back and forth for 3 weeks with my youngest. Her symptoms where a temp that wouldnt come down with meds and a cough. After 2 weeks they issued antibs as had no clue why the temp wouldnt come down.

I had same thing but felt like flu without the cold, I am immune suppressed and it lasted 6 weeks for me. Never had pelvic floor issue till then!
5 years later we finally go back Florida
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
It seems a lot of people agree that it's a "pathetic response".
Many UK sports' governing bodies have made their own decision to cancel events (stand fast the WRU 🙄 ), the roads were like a school holiday morning today and we've had to cancel lectures as students are staying away
Not strictly true, the only reason the football is now on hold is because of Arteta and a couple of players have come down with it.

Had that not happened then it would have been business as usual

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Duinrell, beekse Bergen, Efteling
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Cocobean121's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wonderful news.
I saw this on worldometer, but I think they have just picked up the new cases in Wales as reported by the Sun, the official figures arenít usually released until after 2pm, I expect it to be high again!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
oops I did it again!
Buy and Sell DVC