Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Current Issues Forum
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attractions

Old 17 Mar 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just seen this for train ticket refunds, may be of use to some.

Old 17 Mar 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I've written off the train ticket too. They need you to give them a date to change the booking to. As I have no idea when the concert will be rescheduled to I can't do that.
Loftus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We're both very well thanks and I know that over the years we've both shared our experiences of obtaining travel insurance. We know you have difficulties getting it. We can get cover albeit at a cost and we're about to find out how good Staysure's 5 star Defacto rating is when it comes to paying out. With some degree of prescience we paid about £35 more last May for "travel disruption" cover which apart from FCO and WHO bans also includes official flight suspension from other countries.

Good luck with your re-scheduling.

Mick
I am dreading to start to look for insurance after all this, i think it may just be too much for us for a while. We were looking at feb 2021, but may have to push it out further. Good to hear you got Staysure, they wouldnt even quote for DD!
Old 17 Mar 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I looked this up on the website earlier. What is the process? I have a booking for 3 weeks time that I may need to postpone. Does this mean I can just change dates or do I need to get a refund and pay the new ( Im guessing higher rate) ? Hoping I don't need to change it but looking likely the way things are going TIA
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Apologies if I've missed this if already posted but it may be useful to anyone who's booked a non flex room up to the end of April.

premierinn/gb/en/home.html

I haven't checked what the rate will be for our autumn stay if we have to cancel our April booking. I hope that the cynic in me will not see the rate increased from £58 to £158.

Mick
Thanks for this itís only up to end of April bookings we have a night booked in May for Half Ironman which will probably be cancelled now
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Cancelled Coronavirus Boston /Chicago
Old 17 Mar 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I need to sort this out as we are booked for London at Easter, the train is rebookable too but I looked at that yesterday and prices are 4 times as high later in the year. It is all so depressing.
5 years later we finally go back Florida
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Just been looking online, do you think I would be too optimistic changing everything till May bank hol?
5 years later we finally go back Florida
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Just been looking online, do you think I would be too optimistic changing everything till May bank hol?
Sadly, yes I do. They are predicting the peak of infections to be late May/early June, possibly later.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Anyone managed to get through? Ive tried the central booking number and the hotel themselves (option 2) multiple times and I just get the 'technical difficulties' message

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Coronado Springs Resort
Old 18 Mar 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryt
Being a bit Goofy

Just managed to change a non flex booking online at Premier Inn. Logged in and accessed booking and was able to amend it from April to December. Saved £1.00.
gerryt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote