Notices

Old 27 Mar 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
It's as 'right' as any other sacrifice any other industry is making. Everything has changed, everything is changing, sitting at home for an extra 6 weeks just because that's what they usually do won't cut it this year.
I'm sorry, you have obviously not worked in a school. I worked all of last weekend trying to sort out the logistics of this situation and I've been in school everyday this week.
All of my school's teachings staff are either working in school to look after Key workers children or working from home teaching children from a learning platform, planning the new curriculum and planning for future weeks. We are already working through the Easter holidays and Easter bank holidays. No doubt we will be working through the Spring Half term too. I feel that you think we are all sitting at home.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Cocktails in Corfu - maybe?
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I hope they go back for even 1 day. I am throwing next doors footballs back every 10 bloody minutes.
My neighbour kindly informed me that any balls landing in his garden would not be given back as heís not willing to touch them.

He did say we could lift dd over the fence to retrieve any - not sure how weíd get her back though with a 6 ft fence 🤔

Wouldnít mind but I donít think a ball has gone over his fence for at least 3-4 years and only a handful of times before that over a 5 year period. Not sure why weíd suddenly start now.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Maybe, just maybe having Floridian fun
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Maybe not to you but they are to my 11year old who might not get to see some of his friends again as theyíll be going to different schools. Exams arenít the most important part of school, the social impact for them is massive as well.
I know that keeping them safe and healthy is the most important thing. If they donít go back this year then so be it, thatís the best option but telling my ds to just move on and forget about not getting closure on his primary school years wonít be that easy.
Not seeing his friends before September is better than never seeing them again to put it bluntly. People still donít understand the seriousness of this. I now have 2 relatives with days left to live in hospital. My kids (9 and 11) are off school and parties, end of term shenanigans are the least important thing I can think of for me and them.!
At his age you should really be able to talk to him and he should get over it. Really Iím so frustrated at these posts.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We had had a similar discussion about if they will shorten the 6 week holiday to get kids back to some classes.
Nope, given that all teachers are still working wether at home or in school and a large percent of key worker kids are still at school that is a none starter.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Maybe not to you but they are to my 11year old who might not get to see some of his friends again as theyíll be going to different schools. Exams arenít the most important part of school, the social impact for them is massive as well.
I know that keeping them safe and healthy is the most important thing. If they donít go back this year then so be it, thatís the best option but telling my ds to just move on and forget about not getting closure on his primary school years wonít be that easy.
You donít have to stop seeing friends because they go to different schools, thatís not how it worked for my kids a couple of years ago anyway.

Iíd rather tell my kids they wonít see their friends for a while than tell them they wonít see them or family members again because they are dead.
geewhiz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Iím hoping they can at least get back for the second half of the summer term

I work in a school and Iím even wishing to go back sooner rather than later. To have 5 months off before going back in September will be hard on everyone.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our second trip of a lifetime
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
I'm sorry, you have obviously not worked in a school. I worked all of last weekend trying to sort out the logistics of this situation and I've been in school everyday this week.
All of my school's teachings staff are either working in school to look after Key workers children or working from home teaching children from a learning platform, planning the new curriculum and planning for future weeks. We are already working through the Easter holidays and Easter bank holidays. No doubt we will be working through the Spring Half term too. I feel that you think we are all sitting at home.
Totally agree. Keep up the good work. We are all being challenged right now. Especially those like me that are not in the tech brigade Looking forward to getting back to some sort of normality within School, as normal as it can be
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Not what you want to hear but I don't think they will be back in school till September. I have 4 at home and the worry about the lost learning for my high school 2 really bothers me. Not much we can do about it though as everyone is in the same boat.
5 years later we finally go back Florida
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Not seeing his friends before September is better than never seeing them again to put it bluntly. People still donít understand the seriousness of this. I now have 2 relatives with days left to live in hospital. My kids (9 and 11) are off school and parties, end of term shenanigans are the least important thing I can think of for me and them.!
At his age you should really be able to talk to him and he should get over it. Really Iím so frustrated at these posts.
Wow! Do you know what I do get it! Iím sorry about your relatives, I really am! But Iíve had some of the worse news for my family as well this week and I canít be with them so please donít talk to me like that!
I am allowed to feel sad for my 11 year old about something that is really important to him!
Iím done with on here today!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Five on tour in Florida!
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I hope they go back for even 1 day. I am throwing next doors footballs back every 10 bloody minutes.
The boys next door can't be bothered to knock so they have to wait until end of day. DH has to work in dining room and he finds it annoying as he has just planted the borders and they've put the their goals against the fence.
DH said they threw a sand shovel over and it hit the patio window so when he went in garden later he put it in bin.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
POFQ looking forward to being a Jedi
Discount Florida Car Hire