Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Aer lingus

Has anyone travelled on aer lingus, economy or business, looking to fly with them next year but wondered if there are any upgrades in economy or if anyone can give me an idea of business class as DH really wants to try it.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Both economy and business are better than most other airlines in my view. Business is excellent.
If you book economy, you can bid for upgrades to business.
The biggest issue with AL is they dont yet offer a Premium product.

Add to this that you clear immigration and US security in Dublin before flying - AL is our airline of choice.

If you are connecting through Dublin I would recommend flying in the night before as there aren't many options if you miss your connection.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

They don't offer premium economy but you could bid for a business class upgrade, for our NY flights the lowest bid to submit was £360pp each way...still not paying that.
Old 25 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I flew economy a few weeks ago and it was more comfortable and more roomy than BA or Thomson. Also the choice of video entertainment was MUCH better. The food was about the same ( I never eat it anyway I take my own)
Definitely I recommend it especially the pre-clearance.
Business class looked very nice (you see it as you board) with loads of room for each person. I might bid for it coming home next year.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Both economy and business are better than most other airlines in my view. Business is excellent.
If you book economy, you can bid for upgrades to business.
The biggest issue with AL is they dont yet offer a Premium product.

Add to this that you clear immigration and US security in Dublin before flying - AL is our airline of choice.

If you are connecting through Dublin I would recommend flying in the night before as there aren't many options if you miss your connection.
Thanks for the reply, it would be a through flight from manchester to Orlando stopping in dublin. May look a separate flights if there us a chance of delay.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I seem to be in the minority but I found Aer Lingus economy incredibly uncomfortable. The planes are new with those thin seats that had no padding and clearly I’m too fat for Aer Lingus as I couldn’t get the tray table down. We flew VA economy for the first time in years this year and I found them far superior.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Thanks for the reply, it would be a through flight from manchester to Orlando stopping in dublin. May look a separate flights if there us a chance of delay.
Bear in mind if you book two separate flights booked under different references if your return flight from MCO to Dublin is late and you miss your next flight you have no protection for being rebooked.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Has anyone travelled on aer lingus, economy or business, looking to fly with them next year but wondered if there are any upgrades in economy or if anyone can give me an idea of business class as DH really wants to try it.
Hi
Love Aer Lingus. As others have said only economy or business. Only downside is the ever expanding wait in Dublin although it may not be as bad from Manchester. If funds allow I would fly Buisness both ways as it really is a fantastic experience but I tend now to fly economy out, upgrading the meals, and Buisness home. But then I do like getting to sleep on the way home. When I’ve researched flying the night before I’ve always found that Aer Lingus do not offer that option and using the multiple stop option more expensive. First flight out of Manchester is usually on an AL A320, rather than Stobart AT76, with much better on time reliability.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
Love Aer Lingus. As others have said only economy or business. Only downside is the ever expanding wait in Dublin although it may not be as bad from Manchester. If funds allow I would fly Buisness both ways as it really is a fantastic experience but I tend now to fly economy out, upgrading the meals, and Buisness home. But then I do like getting to sleep on the way home. When I’ve researched flying the night before I’ve always found that Aer Lingus do not offer that option and using the multiple stop option more expensive. First flight out of Manchester is usually on an AL A320, rather than Stobart AT76, with much better on time reliability.
Alex
Thanks for that information, didn't know you could upgrade meals, are there any more upgrades, anything similar to virgin economy delight or TUI extra legroom. I am trying to persuade DH to fly out economy and business back but not convinced him yet.
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We flew with AL both times in 2017 and thought the flights were excellent all round. Nice modern aircraft, nice staff, decent food, decent IFE. It's definitely our airline of choice.

We LOVE the pre-clearance in Dublin too and saves loads of time at the other end when you're tired and spent all day travelling. First in line at the car pickup too!

WE're flying AL again next July.