Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile Here now - kids sick

Not sure what to do. The 6 year old has slapped cheek I think. She hasn’t thrown up in a few days but still feels very bad (her words) and doesn’t want to do anything

The 3 year old got sick Friday? night (I’ve slightly lost track of days) and we had to call housekeeping to change the bed as it was unexpected! Then last night she threw up every 2 hours.

As for me - without going into detail - I had an utterly mortifying experience also yesterday. My husband had to buy me a beach towel. And that’s all I want to say about that.

Anything we can get/take to help rally everyone? I think the 6 year old is actually just afraid of getting sick now and her stomach is all clenched with nerves.
Maggy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Oh no that’s awful for you all. Go see the phasing Walgreens they have always been so helpful whenever we’ve had a problem.
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Oh my days you truly are going through it arnt you! Flat lemonade helps helps with the poorly tummy or if your able to go to a pharmacy, some settlers. Maybe a bit of blackcurrant squash in with it for the kiddies to drink, or there is the pink stuff (beptolbismol) dont ask that's how it sounds lol hopping you all get well soon
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile

This is complicated by the fact we’re staying on property with no car. We wouldn’t be able to get to Walgreens easily. I have contemplated taking them to the first aid centre in the parks for advice.
Maggy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh no... nothing worse than getting sick on hols but look it happens. Dont be embarrassed it could happen to anyone. Can ur hubbie go to Wallgreens or CVS? Tell him to speak to the pharmacist they will give him what you need. U could all be right as rain In a day or 2 and get back to enjoying the hols x

Edited at 09:48 PM.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Uber to a pharmacy? Maybe need some diaralyte or similar. Keep hydrated x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The first aid centre is probably not the best place. Call reception and they can send a doctor. Speak to your insurance company first though. They might suggest a taxi to centracare.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
You can go online and make a timed appointment at a named CVS Minute Clinic (maybe find it on Google?), then you could all go in a cab/Uber and have no waiting time. We found these clinics faster and cheaper than the emergency clinics. With children in the mix I’d rather see a practitioner to get it properly diagnosed/treated.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggy78
Getting Excited

Mobile

In fairness they’re both drinking well. I have diaralyte but the 6 year old won’t touch it.
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

When my 5 year old daughter got sick years ago,we were staying onsite without a car, we rang down to reception, they were able to put us through to a pharmacy, who recommended meds which were delivered to the front desk and charged to our disney account,fantastic service.Might this be an option?,assuming this is still possible of course?,if not then the appt suggestion sounds the best plan.Hope you are all better asap
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List