Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Jan 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile Disney onsite hotels

Hi

What onsite hotel would you recommend for a first onsite stay with two kids will be 5 and 4? It will be for a week during summer holidays before moving. Unfortunately budget wont stretch to Grand Floridan!

I know it's very subjective, looking for pointers/ ideas!

Thanks
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

A lot of people with young kids like Port Orleans French Quarter , near Disney Springs? You can also use the pool at Port Orleans Riverside, it’s a moderate hotel.

Edited at 03:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As above or one of the Values, I think the Values are "more in your face" Disneywise & the Mods theming is a bit more subtle
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’ve heard Animal Kingdom Lodge offer lots of activities for children. My two love being in the water, though, so we’ve booked Beach Club for our first Florida trip - hoping they’ll enjoy Stormalong Bay.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have only stayed at Port Orleans riverside which we loved. They all look so good, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them surely?!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

if your not getting the free dining plan and its only a week go with one of the cheapest as you probably won't be spending much time in your room and put the savings toward some extra treats/activities

sports is the cheapest as it has not been refurbed yet so the rooms are the most basic/lacking in extras but perfectly adequate if your not fussy about the accomodation side of it though for a 1st time visit I doubt it would feel special enough esp if you have leanings towards the grand floridian.

With 4/5 year olds AOA would probably be a hit the theming it great as is the food court though it is the more expensive value - they do do bigger family suite rooms if you want more space but those are usually in a similar price range as the mods.

We have stayed at value mod & deluxe resorts and honestly I would happily stay at any of them again. Yes the more you pay the fancier the resort is but they all have the basics - pool, food court, kids activities.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
4Brownsdisney16
Trying for More Ears

4Brownsdisney16's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We love AOA because of the themeing. We’ve done all star sports last time and again this year just to save a bit extra money. We did resort hop to all star movies and loved their themeing too.
4Brownsdisney16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Depends on your budget and how much time you plan to spend at resort.
We stayed at POFQ with a 4 and 2.5yr old on our first trip and have booked again this year (kids will be 11 and 9.5 this time. It suited us perfectly. Small size is brilliant (last thing you need when walking so much in parks is more long walks back at base), not too busy or bustling when you are away from parks, great pool, just one bus stop, can use POR pool as well, boat to DS, free camp fire was a hit and as well as other activities. Only downside really was bland rooms - although resort is really pretty, when you are in room you don't get any sense that you are in Disney which I found disappointing. Other than that I would totally recommend it.
Haven't stayed at a value as we have taken advantage of free dining offers, but I believe the theming is less subtle so might be more exciting for kids (and big kids!).
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Thanks for the feedback. I like having the extra space with the kids. The suite at AOA appeals. Good to know free dining isn't available with value hotels.

We are hoping to do a 14 night trip, maybe split 9 nights Disney and 5 Universal. I think 9 nights in the one room in Disney might be a bit much. It would be ok for a shorter stay!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Free dining is available at value resorts but is classed as a "breakfast."

It is in fact 1 QS meal credit so can be used at lunch or dinner as well. Not just a breakfast.

I would say either AOA because of the theming (be aware that the suites cost even more than a moderate) or POFQ due to the size and the splashpad water bit.

I would also look it at from a meals point of view. Where are you going to be eating? If it is at the resort then look at the menus. It was the reason we used to pick POR (children were little) we are looking to go back next year but we eat more at Disney Springs now.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List