Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mlu1301
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Surprise ideas

Hi we arrive in june as a party of 9. We have a few celebrations which consist of 2 birthdays one anniversary and one familymoon and 4 first timers. Ages are 11,13, 18, 19, 44, 47, and 3 over 60.

I would like to arrange a surprise for everyone during our trip but unsure what to do. I am considering a fireworks cruise as never done this before. We are staying on site for one week then idrive for another. Will be visiting disney parks and universal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sept 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Oct 2011 - All Stars Music
Sept 2009 - DLP - Sante Fe
May 2006 - Pop Century
mlu1301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry I don’t know what to suggest, I am very curious as to what a familymoon is though, that is a work I have never seen before.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Sorry I don’t know what to suggest, I am very curious as to what a familymoon is though, that is a work I have never seen before.
It's when you go on honeymoon as a family. Often when 2 people get married, but have kids already from previous marriages/ partners.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mlu1301
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hahaha yes our honeymoon but with our 3 children (1 mine 2 his from previous partners) we want to include them

May 2006 - Pop Century
mlu1301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

I think a fireworks cruise sounds like a great surprise idea. For the number in your party it is probably good value too. My first thought was the new Cirque du Soleil show but that could get quite pricey for nine!
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
begbieboi
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We did a fireworks cruise from the Polynesian back in October. We surprised my mum for her 70th and my sister in law for her 40th. It was definitely a highlight of our holiday. All adults and kids loved every minute of it. I would definitely do it again.
begbieboi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pedro
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mlu1301 View Post
Hi we arrive in june as a party of 9. We have a few celebrations which consist of 2 birthdays one anniversary and one familymoon and 4 first timers. Ages are 11,13, 18, 19, 44, 47, and 3 over 60.

I would like to arrange a surprise for everyone during our trip but unsure what to do. I am considering a fireworks cruise as never done this before. We are staying on site for one week then idrive for another. Will be visiting disney parks and universal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
What about a nice celebratory meal in one of the Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels with the surprise of transportation to and from in a stretch limo?

I'm sure any of the resorts would organise a nice table for you and make a bit of a fuss if you gave them advance notice of all the celebrations.

Hope this helps!

Peter
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mlu1301
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
What about a nice celebratory meal in one of the Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels with the surprise of transportation to and from in a stretch limo?

I'm sure any of the resorts would organise a nice table for you and make a bit of a fuss if you gave them advance notice of all the celebrations.

Hope this helps!

Peter
Thank you but we are on disney dining plan so meals are covered. I booked limo transfers to and from airport once as a surprise from airport was great ..to airport was a disaster.. car was late they phoned saying was an accident on road yet why driver arrived he said what accident I broke down😂 we got few miles along the road and broke down they had to send an SUV for us and my door wouldn't close I had to hold it shut😯 just made check in with 30 seconds to spare only for flight to be delayed 3 hours 😂😂😂 no more limos for me 😁

May 2006 - Pop Century
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pedro
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mlu1301 View Post
Thank you but we are on disney dining plan so meals are covered. I booked limo transfers to and from airport once as a surprise from airport was great ..to airport was a disaster.. car was late they phoned saying was an accident on road yet why driver arrived he said what accident I broke down😂 we got few miles along the road and broke down they had to send an SUV for us and my door wouldn't close I had to hold it shut😯 just made check in with 30 seconds to spare only for flight to be delayed 3 hours 😂😂😂 no more limos for me 😁
Whoops! Bad idea then
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Try the Epcot fireworks cruise - great views and the cost isn't too bad.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List