Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SaintPhilly
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Acceptable forms of ID

Probably been posted on here before but what’s people experiences of acceptable ID?

I don’t really want to be taking my original passport with me to the parks. Will they accept driving license or a photo on my phone of the passport? What about a photocopy?
SaintPhilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We carry a photocopy of our passport page and never had any problems. We do not have photo d/l only the old paper licences.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve always used my driving licence, but not needed it in parks so far as I unfortunately look much more than 21😪. DS used a pic of his passport on his phone as ID in Epcot when buying drinks a couple of years ago.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dd was advised to take a copy or a photo of her passport, plus her driving licence. That combination was fine
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Most places around Disney will accept the UK driving license but they’re not supposed to on. It’s own. They have signs at the counters saying acceptable ID are US government issued IDs or original passport. They will accept international IDs such as driving licenses if the are accompanied by a copy of a passport.
We use our driving licenses and have a photo of our passport on our phone.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have not been asked for ID in Disney since my early 20s. I have lived a hard life.
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
For their free beer daily offer, SeaWorld would only accept physical copies of ID, not a phone photo or photocopy (I had driving licence but Mrs didn't so they wouldn't serve her, even though we are both over 40).

The previous day we were both served without ID at all, so depends on who's serving.

Never been asked for ID in Disney or Disney Springs.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Driving license plus a photo of our passports on our phones worked fine for us (I get told that I look quite a lot younger than I am but despite some places being very strict, even I didn’t get asked for ID in every location last year!).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never been asked for ID in the USA and I have been a regular visitor since my mid 20s! I wouldn’t carry it, I can forgo a drink if I am unexpectedly asked.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Disney don't class a UK driving licence as being "government issued ID", so the official policy is photo driving licence, plus a picture / photocopy of your passport ID page to verify the date of birth on the driving licence is correct.

At the end of the day, it comes down to who serves you. Some stick to the policy 100%, some use common sense if they can see you are clearly well over 21. It's always one drink per person / ID though.

One place we have found with a 100% ID policy was Hooters on I-Drive. They were ID-ing everyone who ordered alcohol, even if they were clearly way over 21.

We have been blatantly lied to by a server in TGI Fridays on I-Drive who claimed it was a "Ministry of Labour" rule that we had to be ID'd. Unfortunately for said server we had been to the other TGI's opposite SeaWorld further down I-Drive where we were not ID'd. Asked to speak to the manager - as clearly the other TGI's was breaking the law according to the server - and the round of drinks was removed from the bill. We also had a change of server.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List