Notices

Old 17 Mar 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Premier Inn

Apologies if I've missed this if already posted but it may be useful to anyone who's booked a non flex room up to the end of April.

premierinn/gb/en/home.html

I haven't checked what the rate will be for our autumn stay if we have to cancel our April booking. I hope that the cynic in me will not see the rate increased from £58 to £158.

Mick
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

Would you believe (oh me of little faith ) the rate for autumn stay is exactly the same.

Can't do change yet as current flight etc not yet cancelled but it's a cost that we could avoid including in any future insurance claim

Mick
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Its good of them to change their Ts and Cs - I saw this on FB on Saturday and have been trying to contact them since then (I was due to arrive in Edinburgh yesterday). They are obviously swamped, the hotels themselves are redirecting folks to the central reservation number but Ive ended up on holds that go dead or a message saying technical difficulties.

Couple of useful bits of info for everyone:

They are only dealing with bookings in the next two weeks at the moment

It doesn't matter if you cant get through to them before your arrival day - they will still still change it for you (the hotel themselves told me this). If you can get through at all that is...

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Coronado Springs Resort
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Dibbing with Tink

I sorted ours out for Thursday; I found it quicker to phone the direct number for the hotel and select the option to make or amend a booking, was then diverted to the central booking centre.

I didn't have a new date in mind so was told this:

The current booking will remain on my account, she was going to send the hotel a message to say we wouldn't check in but she wasn't going to cancel the booking.
We need to make another booking under the same terms (non-flex & for the same number of nights), which has to be completed before December. We pay for that room and email them ( guest.comments@whitbread.com ) with the new booking number and the old one.
They will then credit us for the stay we couldn't complete.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Trip cancelled! Trump, he say NO!
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were due to stay at the PI Gatwick North today on non flex booking. Spoke to the hotel but they canít change bookings, customer service lines have technical difficulties so sent an e-mail so fingers crossed. Only part of trip left to claim for.
florida girl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Greece for Daughters Wedding
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Mick, thank you for the info. Are you and Joan going to self isolate for 12 weeks?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
BA club is a con
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Mick, thank you for the info. Are you and Joan going to self isolate for 12 weeks?
Mickey

Sadly we have to otherwise we'll be joining the tens of thousands of otherwise fit but rebellious over 70s in our jails.

Mick
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

Sadly we have to otherwise we'll be joining the tens of thousands of otherwise fit but rebellious over 70s in our jails.

Mick
At least you have the dibb to keep you guys company, and the medical experts to ask should you have any question

Once this is all over, I will come down and stay with you and Joan for a few weeks.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
BA club is a con
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
At least you have the dibb to keep you guys company, and the medical experts to ask should you have any question

Once this is all over, I will come down and stay with you and Joan for a few weeks.
But will you change our 9v batteries in the smoke alarms free or is your £6,000 quote for re-wiring still valid?

MIck
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks very much for info, will get hold of them in a few days to sort out easter trip we had planned. I had written off this cost as risk to DD was too much to travel, but if we can reschedule, hopefully for october, would be good. Now to get trainline to refund, they only doing european refunds so far. Luckily hadnt booked dog into kennels!
I hope you all keeping well!
Buy and Sell DVC