Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Recommendations please for American Fridge Freezer

Been considering a new F/F for a while and have narrowed down a few options but would like some first hand recommendations from those who have the American style please. My online browsing has increased during these times of boredom so I’m sure there’s going me a few purchases over the next few weeks

I’d like a non plumbed water dispenser so interested to hear any issues with them, drawers versus doors at the bottom, good brands (looking at Samsung, LG, Hisense but open to any) and anything you really like or hate after getting yours. I’ve ruled out an ice maker as they always seem to get blocked in Florida when we’ve had one.

It’ll be a freestanding one so size isn’t an issue.

Thanks everyone
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Been considering a new F/F for a while and have narrowed down a few options but would like some first hand recommendations from those who have the American style please. My online browsing has increased during these times of boredom so I’m sure there’s going me a few purchases over the next few weeks

I’d like a non plumbed water dispenser so interested to hear any issues with them, drawers versus doors at the bottom, good brands (looking at Samsung, LG, Hisense but open to any) and anything you really like or hate after getting yours. I’ve ruled out an ice maker as they always seem to get blocked in Florida when we’ve had one.

It’ll be a freestanding one so size isn’t an issue.

Thanks everyone

Watching this with interest.

DH really wants one and so did I until I actually saw one in Curry’s and it looked huge. I’m afraid it would look out of place.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I know its not the question you are asking but to be aware AO.Com are now completely sold out of freezers and John Lewis only have the very expensive ones left
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I know its not the question you are asking but to be aware AO.Com are now completely sold out of freezers and John Lewis only have the very expensive ones left
Oh for gods sake I didn’t even think about this! People must be panic buying white goods

Thanks for the heads up 🤗 might have to switch my online shopping to cult beauty and space nk 😉
Old 20 Mar 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We bought a samsung-rs8000-rs68n8320s9 a couple of months ago and are very pleased with it. We've had a Samsung tall larder fridge for years but wanted an American style when we had the kitchen done, so wanted to stick with the same brand. We also wanted non plumbed with doors rather than drawers. It’s got a water dispenser and ice maker which we haven’t used as yet (it can be turned off) but might do in the summer. We had an issue with the noise levels when it was delivered, but had an engineer out who replaced the fan and that resolved the issue.
Old 20 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Oh for gods sake I didn’t even think about this! People must be panic buying white goods

Thanks for the heads up 🤗 might have to switch my online shopping to cult beauty and space nk 😉
Hope I did'nt upset you!
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We bought one a few months ago, I was thrilled we could fit one in our new kitchen! First off if the stores are still open I'd say go play about with all the different models as this gave us a firm idea of what we wanted- 2 doors (rather than the 4 split) and a preference for handle type. Also keep an eye on the freezer capacity as some arent that big. Hated the ones with drawers at the bottom- I just want to open one door and see everything in there, isnt that the point!

I dont know what your budget is, the samsung ones etc were too pricey for us. We got this kenwood one:

currys/gbuk/househ...89617-pdt.html

No complaints, love it. We have the un plumbed water dispenser model. Dithered about having the ice maker but it takes up too much freezer capacity. I actually dont use the water much but I'm sure I will in summer when I'll appreciate ice water on tap.

Edited at 03:28 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Hope I did'nt upset you!
Oh gosh no not all! I’m just ranting lol 🤗
Old 20 Mar 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I've had a Samsung one for nearly 2 years and I love it

It is the plumbed version and yes the ice maker takes up a lot of space but I love having ice always available-crushed or cubed.No blockages yet

it's very quiet too

1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have exactly the same as jheaton but in white. Thoroughly recommend.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List