Forgotten Password?
Notices
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less

Old 21 Mar 20, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Children playing out.

I just wondered what peopleís thoughts are on whether children should be playing out. We saw one of the usual groups of children out on their bikes last evening. They werenít staying apart from each other. They arenít related but live a few houses apart and are out most evenings from now until winter. This particular group arenít a problem, just out on their bikes being kids really. I donít have young children so I guess I skipped over relevant advice. I guess itís tough to keep kids cooped up though.
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Ready for another one,
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Very Serious Dibber

I donít think they should be mixing with other kids, weíve got 3 boys so going to be tough. Iím a nurse and can only social distance when not at work. Dh now working from home but will take them out for walks daily to blow the cobwebs off. The kids will only spend time with us and each other. Theyíve all got games consoles they can still talk to their friends/ interact with but because my job means Iím already exposing my family to increased risk I wonít expose them further. If kids keep mixing we might as well keep them at school. Itís all very sad but tough times call for tough measures 😢
BC, HRH and Solara Resort
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Certainly doesn't apply to us as our youngest is 30

However my Neighbour has set up a Whatsapp group for our Cul de Sac and part of that is so children can play outside and be shielded from the other children. Therefore basically a rota system will be implemented.

It will be needed as 5 out of the 10 houses do have young children.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

They arnt meant to be playing out with others
I have four kids 11/10/8/8
Theyíll be inside or in back garden
Unless theyíre up very early and can come walk the dogs with me
Or come walk the dogs at 9pm they can get the fresh air
Theyíll miss their mates
But it something that has to be done
At least they have each other I imagine itís much harder on only kids
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Orlando thanksgiving fingers crossed
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
No they shouldnít be playing out at all, social distancing applies to everyone!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
California road trip
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I think I heard the Chief Medical Officer say, yesterday, something about sticking with family groups and going for a walk or to the park but practicing social distancing where other children/families are concerned. I may have not heard that correctly though. Typically, in summer, we have a group of loud, mouthy, boys on the natural area beside us.its fenced off and forms part of the flood defences. They get in there though and break the fences, make a noise and are generally annoying. I was really hoping we might get a quieter spring and summer this year! To be fair, the group that were out last night are well behaved and donít cause any problem. They are just kids out playing on their bikes and being young. I was just a little surprised to see them out.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Ready for another one,
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
hibbie
Proud to wear my Ears

I had to make this decision last night. Our street is a very child friendly street (I think of it as quite old style where everyone looks out for each other's children, everyone knows each other and kids go from garden to garden to house quite happily... i often think from house to house gathering a snack from each one).
Last night we got the usual knock on the door to see if the kids wanted to go out to play... Decided that they had been at school together all day so last night was fine but as of today it's not happening. It felt bad asking them not to come and knock again but I know for everyones health that's the best thing. One of the girls said the same but I dunt think the others will... It will be so hard if my 2 kids are watching others out playing especially since we have a small playpark directly across from our living room window... That's why we chose this house! I think godliness need to be made clearer as so many people I know really aren't sticking to the social distancing.
hibbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I think I heard the Chief Medical Officer say, yesterday, something about sticking with family groups and going for a walk or to the park but practicing social distancing where other children/families are concerned. I may have not heard that correctly though. Typically, in summer, we have a group of loud, mouthy, boys on the natural area beside us.its fenced off and forms part of the flood defences. They get in there though and break the fences, make a noise and are generally annoying. I was really hoping we might get a quieter spring and summer this year! To be fair, the group that were out last night are well behaved and donít cause any problem. They are just kids out playing on their bikes and being young. I was just a little surprised to see them out.
I read something like this from the chief medical officer, it was said children still ned to exercise and to go out but not to mix with others, so for a walk or a bike ride but to keep your distance
captjack is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hibbie View Post
I had to make this decision last night. Our street is a very child friendly street (I think of it as quite old style where everyone looks out for each other's children, everyone knows each other and kids go from garden to garden to house quite happily... i often think from house to house gathering a snack from each one).
Last night we got the usual knock on the door to see if the kids wanted to go out to play... Decided that they had been at school together all day so last night was fine but as of today it's not happening. It felt bad asking them not to come and knock again but I know for everyones health that's the best thing. One of the girls said the same but I dunt think the others will... It will be so hard if my 2 kids are watching others out playing especially since we have a small playpark directly across from our living room window... That's why we chose this house! I think godliness need to be made clearer as so many people I know really aren't sticking to the social distancing.
Itís very possible this was the case last night. The schools here closed yesterday so they will have been with other children at school. Maybe their parents decided they could have one last play out before keeping them in.
Ready for another one,
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
Apprentice Imagineer

We'll go for a walk to get some exercise but we'll keep away from everyone and it will be 5/10 minutes around the block. We have a big garden so ds3 age 10 will be playing out in the garden (he doesn't play in the street anyway as he has autism).
jdndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Port Orleans Riverside Part III