Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Current Issues Forum
Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 22 Mar 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Trying for More Ears

Child starting school in September

Anyone else have a child starting full time school in September? Just looking to speak with others in the same boat as me as (for me) this is going to be the biggest knock on affect on the Coronavirus.
Really am heartbroken for my little one who will probably not return to nursery and have to go straight into school ☹️
jessica is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Baby Sulleys first Disney Holiday
Old 22 Mar 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes us, our daughter turns 4 in July and this was my first worry. Husband and I are both key workers who can not work from home so she will still be going to nursery her usual two mornings a week.
I’m hoping we still hear about school placements in April.

* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11...GOT MARRIED ON THE BEACH * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 a party of 4! * 3 wks CSR September '20 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
3wk dining plan..1 stone heavier in
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Trying for More Ears

Yes I also worried about the school places. But thought those people might hopefully work from home? 🤞🏼
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Anyone else have a child starting full time school in September? Just looking to speak with others in the same boat as me as (for me) this is going to be the biggest knock on affect on the Coronavirus.
Really am heartbroken for my little one who will probably not return to nursery and have to go straight into school ☹️
My eldest starts school in September. I'm not worried. It's a bit different here (Ireland). She's 5 in August (too young to start last September, she missed cut off). This is her second year in Montessori . She's ready now for school

How old is your daughter? Remember all the kids will be in the same situation
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are sad about this

Our Arabella won’t get to go to pre school again and have the leaving stuff or the intake day’s at school, they usually do a teddy bears picnic etc
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
A bit of sun in Port Aventura World
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Yes I’m also in the same boat. Due to work my daughter attends a private nursery not school nursery. She is now going to miss her settling/ meet the teacher days which she really needs. I just hope she is ok come 1st day of school.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Reception teachers will be ready and prepared for an influx of children who’s entire lives were turned upside down. They’ll help them adjust and adapt.

It’s unfair they won’t have had the same settling in chances and build up other years groups had. It’s obviously difficult for all children for a variety of reasons but the younger they are the less they’ll understand. However, don’t forget they don’t know they’ve missed out on settling in sessions etc so really, they’re non the wiser that their build up was different to that of others and not the norm.
Fingers crossed
Old 22 Mar 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I teach reception and know that my intake list was sorted by the head and chair of governors two weeks ago so hopefully council workers can work remotely to finalise lusts for publication.

If this comes later than normal it may just take longer than usual to finalise appeals. If your child misses the remaining nursery year they will start in reception at their level and teachers would be mindful of the upheavel they have been through.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our second WDW holiday
Old 23 Mar 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Trying for More Ears

My son is a september baby so one of the oldest and I know he’ll be fine as they’ll all be in the same boat. I just feel really sad for all the lovely experiences he’s going to miss out on
Old 23 Mar 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post
I teach reception and know that my intake list was sorted by the head and chair of governors two weeks ago so hopefully council workers can work remotely to finalise lusts for publication.

If this comes later than normal it may just take longer than usual to finalise appeals. If your child misses the remaining nursery year they will start in reception at their level and teachers would be mindful of the upheavel they have been through.
Are you in England? We don’t find out the school places till mid April?
Discount Florida Car Hire