Notices

Old 23 Mar 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile Homeschooling How's it going?

Day one of homeschooling, this is lillys classroom for the foreseeable, day one didn't get off to a good start and pupil was late... But so far so good first lesson was German and then Physics, she's having a break now and a bit of ipad time as you do, this afternoon gonna be art and English which will basically be a rainbow in art to put in window for people to see as walking around... seen this a lot of social media and English is reading league today📖👍👍
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Tenerife Bahia Principe
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Iím in education management, (deputy head) my kids are not doing a great deal and spoke to my boss yesterday who told me her kids are exactly the same. Itís funny how we can advise parents to do this, that and the other and we canít manage it with our own children 🤦🏼😢

My only advice is donít push them, this is a long term thing and itís very early days. However, routine is key and will help them settle and accept the situation.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So far so good, think mine are liking the novelty! Done some English and had playtime! Youngest is now on mathletics whilst the eldest is doing some sats test questions! Later their going to design a school badge for their Ďnewí school!
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Five on tour in Florida!
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Apprentice Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Not very well, school website has crashed so canít access any of the work set. If itís not back by lunchtime we will make our own work up.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Florida Here We Come!
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
Imagineer

We are already thinking of expelling our two.

I suddenly have a whole new respect for teachers!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
PhoeniX- SFO via Davis Monthan boneyard.
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Dd currently on duolingo, shes 12 and very self motivated. DS is finding it harder, he's 9 and struggles with rules and academic work. He has had an online tutor for a few months and shes still going to do an hour a week with him, my husbands sister and brother in law are university lecturers in education and have decided to do some lessons, apparently Ds is getting some story reading and dd is having some history lessons.. I'm sure its going to be a tough few months. Xx
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
DLP and then Viva Espana
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Iím in education management, (deputy head) my kids are not doing a great deal and spoke to my boss yesterday who told me her kids are exactly the same. Itís funny how we can advise parents to do this, that and the other and we canít manage it with our own children 🤦🏼😢

My only advice is donít push them, this is a long term thing and itís very early days. However, routine is key and will help them settle and accept the situation.
No pushing here lol, think we will peak too soon though, school are setting her homework and cos my daughter has autism and likes structure... Well that's gone out the window lol, we decided it might be best to do the same lessons daily she does at school cos that's the regular routine she follows, but not for as long cos it's too much of a distraction, it's not full on just yet she has say for some lessons like English which she has four lessons a week a set topic where she can do certain things relating to a poem she's been set, wouldn't take four lessons worth of time for her to complete so she will read too to earn reading league points.
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Tenerife Bahia Principe
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are already thinking of expelling our two.

I suddenly have a whole new respect for teachers!
My biggest concern is I didn't realise I was as thick as I am, I've rung OH who is still at work for minute a few times to ask advice.
Best part so far was break time earlier, drink and cake was very well received by teacher and student 😂😂
Tenerife Bahia Principe
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think we need an inset day for teacher training! Dd 13 has been set work to last her all day from her teachers. So she will be sat at her desk 9-3 as she would if she was in school. Ds 6 has been given 2 sets of work which we have just completed.
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My biggest concern is I didn't realise I was as thick as I am, I've rung OH who is still at work for minute a few times to ask advice.
Best part so far was break time earlier, drink and cake was very well received by teacher and student 😂😂
So much has changed over the years. I'm a teacher, let me know if I can help (although I'm secondary sen so quite a limited skill set)
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
DLP and then Viva Espana
Discount Florida Car Hire