Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Big thanks to Shirley (‘Super’ secret Santa)

Can I just say big thanks to Shirley, who organises the Dibb secret santa. She contacted me a while ago to ask for Isabel’s details, which I sent, but then forgot all about.

After a good week, Izzy wasn’t too good today and hadn’t managed to make it out of bed when the doorbell went at lunchtime.

Cue a secret Santa parcel from the Dibb. It really brightened up her day and cheered her up no end, (and the little note brought a few tears).

Thank you for the special Dibb Pixie dust - just arriving with perfect timing too!

Old 22 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A lovely photo of your darling daughter! Glad she liked her secret santa gift, sending you both a really big hug xx

Edited to add my thanks also to Shirley, she really does help spread lots of magic at christmas for us dibbers. Thanks Shirley!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a lovely surprise and sounds like it arrived at the right time to lift Izzys spirits. Hope tomorrow is better for her xx

Edited at 12:06 AM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely pic of your dd, she looks happy and hope she gets better soon. Shirley’s fab organising the secret Santa every year x
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

How lovely of Shirley. I hope your beautiful daughter feels a little better soon.
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s really lovely and great timing from the sounds of it.

I think Shirley does a great job each year and seems to manage all the issues really well.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh thanks so much, but it really if my elf who deserves the thanks, she was more than happy to help out. So happy Isabel liked her surprise. Just a minder to let her know that the lovely dibb family is behind her on her treatment. Xxx. Also thanks to all my participants, i love getting all your lovely posts xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Shirley! You must have wondered if I was being a tad ungrateful yesterday - my own unexpected secret santa arrived today - though Flo thinks it’s for her!

Paul and I had developed a tradition over the past couple of years of going to Costa for toast and a cappuccino on a Sunday morning, as we’d be up early and the girls would either be still in bed (teenagers!) or at their part time jobs. We went last Sunday for the first time since Izzy was diagnosed in July - it felt strange putting our toes back into our ‘old life’ and was surprisingly emotional. Peeking through the tissue paper, I can see a perfect choice for the gift card - I will raise a cappuccino to the Dibb when we next try our little Sunday morning treat x x x x x x

Edited at 01:28 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh your ss has been so kind, she did that on her own, a lovely gesture. Xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s lovely. Wanted to wish you good luck for next week as I know you will be getting some test results. Thinking of you all xx
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List