Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

"Seatspy.com" a new reward flight seat finder - includes BA and Virgin

Anyone trying to find reward seats for BA and Virgin try having a look at a new site called seatspy.com. It is new and in the testing stage but it appears to be able to show Virgin flights at the moment which RewardFinder website can't.

Edited at 02:30 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Anyone trying to find reward seats for BA and Virgin try having a look at a new site called seatspy. It is new and in the testing stage but it appears to be able to show Virgin flights at the moment which RewardFinder website can't.
Thanks, I like it, really useful
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens with this site as did with Reward Finder as Virgin refused to allow them access to their reward inventory after a couple of months.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

It is useful thank you! Hope it continues.
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Very good spot OP.

Just be aware due to the beta testing stage that Virgin information is 48 hours old.
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
seatspy
First POST

Hi Izzi and all! It is Paul here from seatspy. You are right that Virgin data was delayed by about 48 hours last week for a while, but we were working hard over the weekend and I'm pleased to say that the data feed is now fixed and we are showing up to date availability and sending through timely alerts again.

We are still beta testing, so we would welcome any feedback, either in the forum or message me direct.

Hope you find it useful

Cheers, Paul
seatspy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Phoned Virgin yesterday to check availability of miles-upgradeable seats in Upper for my return flight from MCO next May, but no luck. Since the cancellation of Virgin info on Reward Finder, I would have been on to them every week till we go, but now, I can replace that call with a visit to seatspy. Thanks!
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Could somebody please tell me how to use this site? I can and have set up an alert but cannot figure out how to; or if you can search yourself.
In essence it sounds like the site could be an absolute gem
Am I missing something
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Could somebody please tell me how to use this site? I can and have set up an alert but cannot figure out how to; or if you can search yourself.
In essence it sounds like the site could be an absolute gem
Am I missing something
If you have already set up an alert for a future flight you will have already (possibly unwittingly) used the area where you can seach for yourself.

For example a BA flight LHR to JFK

Input the following
Depart London
Arrive New York
Class of travel e.g. WT/WTP/Club/First
Number of passengers
Click on the blue search BA reward flights

It then brings up any available dates in calendar form using a circle diagram indicating grey for WT/blue WTP/green Club and red for First. If you see availability for the day you want to travel you would then have to go to the BAEC or Virgin FC sites and input your travel dates and proceed from there.

Bear in mind that seatspy is still in the Beta stage and, of course, availability changes all of the time. You can't use the site for an individual future personal search.

Hope that helps.

Edited:- I am sure the developer would appreciate any feedback from using site.

Edited at 09:33 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
If you have already set up an alert for a future flight you will have already (possibly unwittingly) used the area where you can seach for yourself.

For example a BA flight LHR to JFK

Input the following
Depart London
Arrive New York
Class of travel e.g. WT/WTP/Club/First
Number of passengers
Click on the blue search BA reward flights

It then brings up any available dates in calendar form using a circle diagram indicating grey for WT/blue WTP/green Club and red for First. If you see availability for the day you want to travel you would then have to go to the BAEC or Virgin FC sites and input your travel dates and proceed from there.

Bear in mind that seatspy is still in the Beta stage and, of course, availability changes all of the time. You can't use the site for an individual future personal search.

Hope that helps.

Edited:- I am sure the developer would appreciate any feedback from using site.
Thank you so very much for your reply and for the detailed instructions.
Yes I had set up an alert, which did work fine, I'd gone through hitting the red bar for Virgin but did not get the calendar...
However I then realised that I was using Internet Explorer which is very glitchy at the best of times - changed browser to Edge and it worked brilliantly

I will send feedback to the developer of this brilliant app:
I do have a couple of comments he/she may find helpful.
1) The site currently does not work correctly on IE. (Developer may not realise that there are many dinosaurs like me who still use IE lol) It may be worth their while to add a note to the website suggesting the use of another browser.
2) Each time I have opened the site so far, the sign in email address of another person is displayed...

Edited at 10:39 AM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List