Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

The destination that calls at your heart ?

We were not thinking about going to Italy again next year (we must have been about 5 or 6 years now on the trot), but that wonderful place is calling us back. I have now yet again, made enquires regarding price, our room and the wonderful place we always go to.

Years ago, it was Florida and Antigua, but Italy has now gone straight to our heart.

Anyone else thinking of going back to their favourite place ?

P.s. I am trying desperately to save for Dubai for hubs special birthday in two years time, I hope we get there. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

New Zealand. It was my dad’s second home until he passed away. Sadly, I’m not brave enough to go back and face the memories just yet. But one day, I hope to.

I’d love to go to Italy. Maybe when the kids are older and it’s just me and DH. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Marbella/Puerta Banus. Spain
Padstow. uk
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

LA and London

Both of those places have a piece of my heart. I lived in London for 4 years and had to leave unexpectedly. I loved living and working in the city and just felt like I had found my place in the world. If all things were equal, I would move back next week, but a lot of circumstances have changed. Since leaving I return about about once a year and each time I get there I just feel so at peace with life.

LA is the another place which has a piece of my heart. Not the flashy grimy seedy Hollywood Boulevard that tourists think is the be all and end all. I love the LA that locals see, the areas that tourist don't go to, things like the once a week farmers market in a residential area, the huge variety of fruit and vegetables available in a neighbourhood supermarket that I would never see on sale in my local Tesco. I love the LA lifestyle, where people can be as artistic and creative as they like and its accepted and celebrated. LA locals have this laid back free attitude to life that is so very different to drab and grey and seriousness of Ireland.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I do love all places we have been to but I think Carvoeiro in Portugal holds a special place , we have been several times and contemplating between there and Split for next year. I like it because it is fairly cheap to get to, its not too rowdy and the weather is pretty much guaranteed sunshine in the summer . What more can you ask for .
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thailand. We’d probably visit every year, most specifically Chiang Mai. We’ve even worked a little 3 night stopover in Bangkok for our honeymoon to get our fix!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
For us it’s Villefranche Sur Mer near Nice. We love the South of France, I’d live there if we could. We go back to the same apartment at least once a year.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Went to Canada for my honeymoon and would love to go back to see Niagara Falls again.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

My heart is in Australia where we lived for several years.

We will be going back for a visit in 2021 and the must for us is Sydney. We didn’t want to live in Sydney but we ended up there and grew to love it. We will hopefully retire in Australia although I think Sydney will be out of the question as it is stupidly expensive.

I have just remembered a mistake I made on my capital cities test when I was eight years old. I said the capital of Australia was Stanley, thinking of Sydney, although obviously that was not correct either. But I was mortified and have never forgotten.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Has to be the Gulf Coast of Florida for me. In particular around Marco Island, but anywhere up that coast would do!

If I want to chill out I imagine myself there on that icing sugar sand at sunset, sitting, waves lapping round my ankles...

Nearer to home, here in UK, I have a special place in my heart for Devon,right down on the south coast around Torbay.
We used to live there not long after we were married and we have such fond memories. Planning to retire abroad one day - but if we HAD to stay in UK I would be thinking of there.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List