Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 13, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Places to visit off-site

We are planning our fourth visit for may 2014. Apart from the parks we like to try get out and about. We aim to visit Anna Maria Island this time - can I have any suggestions for anywhere else to visit - we have visited several national parks and really enjoyed them. We are happy to travel from Orlando in any direction. Has anyone had a wildlife boat trip at Cocoa Beach? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 13, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I believe you will really enjoy Anna Maria Island. I can give you some other suggestions on things to do outside the parks. Since you have been to national parks you may enjoy the Pioneer Museum in Kissimmee. It has the history of the early settlers of the area. It is very inexpensive also. They have a nice little gift shop. Across the road is a wonderful little nature preserve that has a foot path you can walk. You can follow this up with a nature tour on an airboat that will show you the natural undisturbed areas of the swamps, all part of the same Shingle Creek watershed. Visit Orlando Airboat Tours. I've never done a boat trip over near Cocoa Beach, but I'm sure you would enjoy that area. Good Luck
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 13, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I'd suggest at least a 2 night road trip if you are doing AMI to take in the Ellenton Outlets the beach and maybe a drive down Longboat Key to Sarasota for the yacht basin and Siesta Key.

There are numerous eco tours to do along this stretch of the coast and if you have kids with you I would recommend the Mote Marine Aquarium at Sarasota. The price includes a boat tour of the bay as well as the aquarium. The boats go out with a marine biologist on board; they throw out a trawl net and put what they catch in tanks for the kids to look at. There are coupons online for a discount .
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 13, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread