Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Meeting princesses etc. at meals

I quite like the look of Akershus for dinner on our upcoming trip (theme and food).

However, the idea of people in costume coming round to talk to us while we are eating freaks me out a bit.

I am worried both of the kids will be super shy. What are you supposed to say to these "princesses"? What if the children don't want their photos taken with them? My husband is also terrified of the whole concept.

Is it best for us just to give it a miss?
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we loved Akershus if they don't want to they don't have too. Our 4yr old girl did an A&E birthday party would not go anywhere near the princesses. but when we got to Disney it was fantastic Kids adored it and my 4yr old regularly says you made me miss Mulan!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You don't have to say anything - just hi. Maybe do it a good few days in so they've got used to seeing the characters maybe even from a distance. I had a girlie breakfast with my DD who was 3 at the time and she loved it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The cast members are pretty good at picking up on what you want and don't want and want you feel comfortable with. My son was 11 last summer and didn't want a fuss, but my daughter was really keen and had her autograph book which they signed and then had her photo with them all! If you want you can ask them to move on, there's no fuss and they won't make you feel awkward. It's a bit weird but once you're there it just feels magical, honestly!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

My grandson ,aged 7, didn't want to see the princesses.
He refused to get a picture with belle when we went in . When Snow White came round he was more interested and ask for her autograph . The Princess Aurora floated ,and I mean floated, to our table. Aaron asked for her autograph and said he didn't really know who she was . Princess Aurora spent the next ten minutes telling Aaron her story . She was wonderful and left our table and the tables around us in awe . It was a brilliant meet well worth it .
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List