Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 13, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Help Watching Wishes fireworks Please.

i dont miss to much on here and i apologise in advance for the question if its been answered lots before.
we loved the wishes fireworks in MK last time. it was a struggle to stay late for them. we may only do one day at MK this time but prob go for an early start and so that me proclude us from stayng till 9pm.

i am sure i read on here that you can go to one of the hotels and have a fairly good view. We could then see them on an evening after dinner etc.
i am offsite so how does this work.
what do you do about parking or do you have to be eating there or the like.
sorry for silly questions
oeamon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

A lot of people love to watch Wishes, from the beach at the Poly.
So you could have an Adr at Kona or Ohanas.
You could park at MK for the day and then leave the car there and monorail to the Poly. Although at the end of the night, youd be in the MK leaving rush.
you could park your car at the TTC, Monorail to MK & then monorail to the Poly.

you can also park at the Poly after MK, as long as you have an Adr youre fine to park your car there for a few hours. (think its 3)

theres no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I don't think you necessarily need an ADR to park at the Poly, just tell the you are visiting. Watching from the beach is nice but to me doesn't have the magic of watching t from inside MK. why not just go one evening after having a chill day or doing another park?
If you watch from the bottom end of main st you will get out easier than being near the castle.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have watched Wishes a few times from the Poly beach and you certainly don't need to eat there (or even spend a single cent if you don't want to)

As Floridasgirl says it may not have the same magic as watching from Main Street but sometimes you just want to relax and avoid the rush out of MK after the display.

There used to be cabanas on the beach and it was lovely hiding away sheltered from the cool November "breezes". Cabanas had gone last November but there are still chairs and loungers.

If it's November buy a hot chocolate from Captain Cooks or if it's spring or summer buy a Dole whip instead.

One other advantage that we have found is if you are videoing them you can get a much better wide angle shot of all the fireworks and zoom in and out as you want

They also play the music over the PA but TBH it's not always that loud

Mick
Old 20 Aug 13, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

You could also do a pirate and pals cruise which takes you out on the seven seas lagoon. I believe they play the music in the boat so you don't miss that part. If you watch from the hotels I think you miss out on the music
I'm not sure but you may even be able to do a cruise without the pirate and pals part
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suebo View Post
You could also do a pirate and pals cruise which takes you out on the seven seas lagoon. I believe they play the music in the boat so you don't miss that part. If you watch from the hotels I think you miss out on the music
I'm not sure but you may even be able to do a cruise without the pirate and pals part
Poly play the music but it was very quiet when we watched from there, think that partly what was missing.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks for all the replies.
oeamon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread