Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 May 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lyndseypie
Earning More Ears

Mobile Disney dinning plan options

Hi. Would it be better to upgrade to the Disney dinning plan from the quick service one if wanting to do things like Cinderellas table and be our guest ect?
Thanks.
lyndseypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If it's just one or 2 Ts then no, only BOG dinner is a TS. Sit down with your plan & see roughly how many TS meals you want & crunch the numbers, you are paying roughly $36/person/day plus the loss of a QS at approx. $15 so approx. $50 would you spend that on a TS meal? Generally if you plan on a lot of character buffet dinners then it's worth it but "normal" meals not so. You may actually be cheaper upgrading your hotel to get the free DDP.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lyndseypie
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks! I think we would do a lot of the character buffet dinners. Im new to it all so want to get the best package I can. 😀
lyndseypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'd make a list of all the table service meals you'd like to do. If it's just a handful, it may be cheaper to pay OOP for those. But if there's quite a few character meals, signature dining, etc, it may work out cheaper to upgrade. Particularly for the expensive ones like CRT which is $75 per adult from memory.

But make sure to factor in tips (18-20% of the OOP charge) on top of the upgrade charge, as you wouldn't have this at QS. Does depend on the value of your meal, but I'd allow about $8-10 per adult TS credit as a rough guide. I don't know child's meal pricing, but maybe $5 per child credit?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Depends on your party size and the amount/type of ts meals you would like to do but more than 2/3 esp dinner time character meals/signatures and its often better value to upgrade. You will have tips to pay on the ts meals so remember to budget for those.

When on the dining plan we tend to do more character meals as I'm very reluctant to pay oop to do them chef mickeys dinner with tip is over $300 for us
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

What is the make up of your party? upgrading kids to DDp is really cheap but adults more so. We have upgraded to DDP from QSDP both of our Disney onsite trips. We love the sit down meal part of our day, it feels more like a holiday than the dashing around we would be doing if not tied to an ADR.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lyndseypie
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We're a family of 3. 2 adults and a 6 year old girl.
Old 14 May 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

For us and our love of character meals the full DDP works out so much better so totally depends on where you want to eat.
It worked out great for us last year.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've upgraded for next year as I also want a sit down meal rather than constant queuing and looking for tables. I love character meals so we will be doing loads!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I have upgraded our qsdp to ddp for next year for myself and my teenage daughter. She will be 18 on the trip and I celebrate my birthday too. So we will be able to book a few special meals for our birthdays. Plus we can have a couple of character meals, 50's Prime Time sounds fun, some nice meals in World Showcase and Disney Springs so plenty of choice. We paid for our meals oop last year and did a few ts meals then and found them more relaxing and enjoyable than the qsd meals. So we feel these meals add to the overall enjoyment of the holiday

Edited at 08:58 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List