Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ailsab
Excited about Disney

Getting to Beaches and Cream

Hi, we have an ADR at Beaches and Cream at 5.30pm and would like to try to leave the car on the carpark at the hotel and maybe do an hour or so in the nearest park.

I think I read somewhere that there is a cut through that can be used to get into Epcot. If anyone could confirm if this is possible and roughly how long this take I'd be grateful.
ailsab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Yeah, just walk down the boardwalk and you're in Epcot. It's a lovely area - when we win the lottery I'd love to stay there.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

You can access Epcot via the international gateway and it brings you out near France.

I think there is a limit on leaving your car at the Boardwalk of around 3 hours, and due to the proximity to Epcot, I believe they're quite strict on this and do enforce it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Boardwalk ?

Beaches and Cream is at Beach Club. Without an ADR at Boardwalk, it's likely you'll get turned away

so park at BC instead.
You are supposed to remain parked there no more than 3 hours.
If you want to stay there for longer, or remain parked there while you go to a park, you can use Valet Parking (for an additional fee) and you'll get to stay parked there all day if you want.

There are 2 "nearby" parks when you're at BC

From Beach Club, go left towards international gateway. You'll enter EPCOT at World Showcase between France and UK pavillions.

It's a 10/15 minutes walk between BC and International Gateway

You could also walk or take the boat (20+ minutes) to Hollywood Studios.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

If you leave your car at your hotel just use the bus service for EPCOT and walk to the back of the park past England-don't turn left over the bridge to France-keep going straight and that's the international Gateway. It's about 7 mins walk from there. You can also explore the Boardwalk. We own in the Boardwalk and the area around that lake is nice for a stroll. If you are worried about how long you will be there and will have a car with you park at EPCOT and do the park before and after your ADR. You could even walk over to Fantasia Gardens for a round of crazy golf or go explore the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Lots to do.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ailsab
Excited about Disney

Many thanks to those who responded. We were hoping to pop into a park after our reservation just to see the evening show and maybe one or two rides so 3 hours should be fine.

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
You could even walk over to Fantasia Gardens for a round of crazy golf or go explore the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Lots to do.
I haven't heard of Fantasia Gardens so I'm off to have a look at this. It might be a nice idea to have a round of crazy golf after eating a Mickeys Sink.
ailsab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Baring in mind you might have to wait half an hour for your table, you may be cutting it fine for 3 hours parking to wait, sit, eat, walk into Epcot and actually do anything. You'd be better parking at Epcot and walking round.
Old 15 May 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
You can access Epcot via the international gateway and it brings you out near France.

I think there is a limit on leaving your car at the Boardwalk of around 3 hours, and due to the proximity to Epcot, I believe they're quite strict on this and do enforce it.
If there is a convention on at Boardwalk you won't stand a chance of getting in the main car park. There is another park across the road which you might try. Fingers crossed.