Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 13, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lori84
Trying for More Ears

We went 2 years ago and it was a great experiance. We saw a playoff game and it was such a laid back atmosphere. Parking was $20(i think) and although the surrounding area wasn't the nicest I never felt uneasy being there as there were so many people about and lots of stewards. Hoping to catch a playoff game when we are over this year.
lori84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Well we went along to the Orlando City Game, and it was superb, you can buy vouchers from Walgreens for $12 Dollars before going, the staff never new much about this, but manager sorted out, once you get there you swap then at the ticket office outside the game, really was a great night, prior to game in stadium area there are food stalks, football shirts fir sale and loads going on for the kids, penalty shoot out karate demo, loads going on, with music blasting out also. orlando won 3-1 parking was simple, and very very safe toilets and seating were as good as any Scottish or English stadium I've been to, parking worked out at $10 orlando tops $55 dollars, there mascot was also there for photos.
For the record I felt 110% safe at the game, don't be put off by trip advisor reviews of the citrus bowl.
Old 29 Jul 13, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DavidM
Earning More Ears

Thanks FamilyJack. We saw that Walgreens was an outlet and there is one just around the corner from where we are staying, so we will use that. $12 does seem pretty reasonable. We will be going to the Charlotte Eagles game. I have done a "Like" on Facebook for Orlando City and started to get quite into the news stories. If any other Dibbers are going we will probably get to sit in I28 or I29
DavidM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DavidM
Earning More Ears

Didn't make it this evening. There was quite a storm as we were about to leave and the weather forecast seemed to suggest that it was heading towards the Stadium. Looking at the web site I am pretty sure they are in the play offs and will be playing at home next Saturday, so we will go then instead. Did anyone else make it ?
DavidM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DavidM
Earning More Ears

Well what an evening ! Weather was wet but I was determined to go. We were talking to one of the Stewards who arranged for my DS to become part of the guard of honour for the players and introduced us to one of the Directors. Directors apologised he couldn't make him a mascot, but gave us his email with a promise if we contact him he will arrange it next time!
Game was fun, helped by a 5- 0 win. I'll go through the basics of getting to the ground etc, but for now just so ecstatic at such a great evening I just needed to get that out to the DIBB.
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Glad you had a good time. Hopefully City will get their own stadium/arena soon, and the next step will be getting into the MLS.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tee1 View Post
A couple of former players of my team Sheffield Wednesday play for Orlando City too!
I'd love to watch them.. Go do it!
Small world! Another Owl here
Id love to go to watch Orlando City too, if not just to watch our former players
UTO
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FAMILY JACK View Post
Going to tonight's game, how easy is the parking, read a few comments about he area around the stadium, being pretty rough,?
Originally Posted by football widow View Post
Can you let us know how it went please ?
What was the parking situation like ?
can you buy tickets at gate ?

What was it like overall ? ... hope you had a good time
Originally Posted by football widow View Post
Any update ?
sounds like he didn't make it alive

Just noticed your name...football widow wanting to go to a game of football !
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 13, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DavidM
Earning More Ears

The area is not great and not helped by quite a few road closures while the council develop the area. Plenty of people were around trying to direct you to unofficial parking spots, which I didn't like the look of. Anyway we found a $10 official car park. DD and DW were both a bit worried about the area. They did have to, it was fine.

We bought tickets on the night, they only get 10 - 12,000 at the most and the ground takes up to 70,000 so plenty of room.

They have got permission to build a next stadium (last week) and are hoping to make the MLS. From my chat to the Director they have some backing from the UK coming.

We met James O'Connor (ex - Owl) after the game and had a long chat. Really nice guy.
Old 26 Aug 13, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread