Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 6 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Krushy View Post
Isn't one of the features that is special about these droids that they interact with the surroundings? So wouldn't you want your new "born" to be with you as you wander about the outpost.
It depends on whether you want to carry around a large (ish) droid on your back all day during the heat of summer. And whether you want to take it with you on Rock'n'Rollercoaster, ToT or the new Millennium Falcon ride, hoping it doesn't get bashed around.

I guess you might want to carry it around GE for an hour or two but perhaps not the rest of the day whilst looking around the rest of HS.

(Plus, it also depends on whether you spent extra money on the backpack or just opted for the standard cardboard box. I wouldn't want to carry around the cardboard box during those afternoon showers).
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 6 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Mobile

This is the size of the box they give you.

Taken with their parents permission
SMAX is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
slightly serious Dibber

Does HS have lockers you could leave it in?
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Endless Summer in...
Unread 7 Jun 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
I think I read that the lightsabers will come apart. I know the video we watched, they showed you the sheath they give you, which a/ looks VERY padded round the blade, and b/ seemed to fold at the top with a separate section for the handle.

I hope they do, we'll be looking to get 2 home!

/Mo
The blade comes off relatively easily from what Ive read

What I can find an answer for is the quality of the blade,
I know some people are complaining about lagging sound but they look so cool!
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
how did that happen? POR
Unread 7 Jun 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I'm a member of a star wars costuming group and know a lot of people from the Star Wars costuming community, and the opinion I've heard is that the built lightsabers are some of the highest quality they've ever seen, so I think they'd be reasonably strong.
Having said that I'm not sure if they'd be strong enough for a really brutal lightsaber fight!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to WDW! Woo hoo!
Unread 7 Jun 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

What do the droids actually do say when you are back home?

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 7 Jun 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
What do the droids actually do say when you are back home?
When you press a button on the remote control which controls the movement and head rotation they jabber in droid speak (the bleeps and buzzes etc). If you have one of the personality chips they sell it alters the patterns and tones according to the chip, whether its a resistance, first order, smuggler.As i said earlier in the thread if you have two and put them next to each other, then after a short while they start "chatting" to each other triggered by Blue tooth I believe. Have seen a pair of them doing that on a video in someone's hotel room. The remote controls the motion as I said earlier. The remote has 2 AAA batteries, and the droids run on 6 AA batteries I think. On the remote you have buttons that control forward/backward and right/left motion and spinning the head section

2019 BC/Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites
2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimeee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 05:34 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back after 2yrs Beach Club 1st time
Unread 7 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Ocean Florida