Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jun 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Millennium Falcon Ride

Am I the only one who is having second thoughts about doing this ride now that it's live in California?

I didn't realise that you would have to participate in the ride, I thought it was just a simulator ride.
I can see arguments as to who wants what roles and heaven forbid if you are assigned a role and press the buttons at a wrong time, ruining an avid Star Wars fans experience cos lets face it you may only get to ride the once.
Or am I just overthinking this.

Edited at 02:02 PM.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Getting Excited

I think you are worrying too much about this.
It is your ride and your holiday as much as anybody else's. There may be the odd person who overreacts but I doubt that there will be many. If it does happen just take a deep breath and walk away from them.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s the same as Mission Space where each person has a different role. I would guess it will have minimal impact pressing the wrong buttons as the ride lasts the same amount of time what ever you do!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s the same as Mission Space where each person has a different role. I would guess it will have minimal impact pressing the wrong buttons as the ride lasts the same amount of time what ever you do!
Your actions do affect the score at the end and it does affect things on the ride - such as whether the MF ends up damaged or not. I'm not sure whether the score is shared by the whole group or is specific to each individual.

The outcome of your flight is supposed to affect interactions in the rest of GE, but I would guess this is fairly superficial.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
I can see arguments as to who wants what roles and heaven forbid if you are assigned a role and press the buttons at a wrong time, ruining an avid Star Wars fans experience cos lets face it you may only get to ride the once.
Or am I just overthinking this.
If I get on and get a Pilot position I will offer to sell it to the highest bidder in my group
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
The score is for the whole group. No one minds what you get. It is just fun and even the die hard geeks love it. They would probably love it more if you crashed and got a reputation. Although that interaction is not running at the moment.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's an 'autoplay' button so you can just watch the ride if you don't want to participate, I'd guess you end up with an average score afterwards.
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahh okay, thanks for reassuring me although I’ve never been on mission space 😀
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not pressing the buttons on Mission: Space makes no difference. I like that it has an impact on your experience at Galaxy’s Edge.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

One review I read said that he was one of the pilots and the other one (a stranger) was shouting at him that he was doing it all wrong!
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List