Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 15 Jun 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Mobile

With rain the dolphin swim continues but if there is lightning then it will be postponed. If there is no longer enough time left to reschedule the swim they will rebook you a free day up to 2 years later.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
Imagineer

As with all the above and invariably our no1 day in Orlando. We dont do the Dolphin swim any more, though.

As regards photographing the Dolphin swim, we had to buy a small package.

Photo packages are expensive. In some ways, you are better served by buying a really good underwater camera such as an Olympus tough and then using it in a pouch on your belt loop or in your trunks for the whole vacation. You can drop it, submerge it and generally forget it except for when you want to use it. We have had some great shots in DC, in the water parks, on rides and in many places where we would never have risked a DSLR (or even be allowed to carry one).

Ours is currently a TG-4 , but there are many others by Olympus (and rivals) that come in way below in price.
2005 On site Disney. 2009 Idrive. 2010 Idrive, 2011 LBV+ Duck Key. 2012 Gulf Coast+Davenport Villa. 2013 LBV Resort.2015 NY+Washington+Davenport Villa+Tampa. 2017 Pensacola+Destin+Kissimmee Villa. 2018 California N to S

Edited at 05:33 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston, NY, Dayton, Florida can't wait.
Unread 15 Jun 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had a wonderful day there last September and am going back again this September. My favourite part was an add-on called SeaVenture - you walk under water among the fish wearing a helmet with a breathing tube coming out of it. It's an amazing experience and I'm doing it again this year too.
Andybear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 15 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
slightly serious Dibber

If you are keen on the whole photo package it may be worth looking at the elite package where you get a private cabana as this includes all the full photo package. It's not cheap but it's fab if you want to treat yourselves to some luxury.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Are we there yet?
Unread 16 Jun 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
With rain the dolphin swim continues but if there is lightning then it will be postponed. If there is no longer enough time left to reschedule the swim they will rebook you a free day up to 2 years later.
Thanks for that info, thats very reassuring. And if we cant reshedule I suppose it will have to be our excuse to go back to Orlando

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's happening!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I had a wonderful day there last September and am going back again this September. My favourite part was an add-on called SeaVenture - you walk under water among the fish wearing a helmet with a breathing tube coming out of it. It's an amazing experience and I'm doing it again this year too.
Just had a look at seaventure and it looks great but Im weary of overbooking ourselves, I want us to have some time to relax as well. We will definitely be doing the dolphin swim and Im about to look into how much the massages are.

Also with the day beds, they look great but has anyone had any experience with hiring them? Just saw in a tracker video and where the ones they showed where looked a bit isolated and they didnt seem to have a view of anything. Are they definitely better then normal sunbeds- location and comfort wise?

Thanks for everyones help so far!

dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's happening!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following on from that, I actually cant find the massages on the discovery cove website, only mentions of them on blogging sites. Are they still offering these?

It's happening!
Unread 16 Jun 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't use a bed of any sort. I was on the go the whole time apart when I was eating and drinking and being on the go there is very relaxing. Did the dolphin swim, SeaVenture and all the other stuff. I don't like sunbathing anyway.
Andybear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
ResalesDVC