Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Don't be put off the Clarion because of the shuttle times ..the Lynx buses stop nearby and you are in Disney in no time on the number 50 and SeaWorld in the other direction on the 50 too.No faffing about with changing buses to get to I drive.It really is a great location with lots of restaurants within walking distance.Very handy for nights at Disney Springs too.

Clarion does seem ideal location wise! I've just been used to having a car in the past so the shuttles seem restrictive.. I'll definitely look into the Lynx service as another option, thanks!
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Apprentice Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi we have stayed at the Clarion 5 times before as non drivers and are booked for this December. The shuttles are not quite as good as previous years (7.30am for Universal used to be 9.15) but the last Disney shuttle comes back at 11.30pm which is the big bonus it means you can stay and watch the fireworks, most shuttles leave much earlier and you miss them. You can catch a Lynx 50 to Disney in one direction and Seaworld in the other plus there are loads of eateries within walking distance. Good clean hotel.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 25 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Originally Posted by RugbyJohn View Post
Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there
Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st Visit for Little One
Unread 25 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
That's a brilliant idea! Thanks, definitely not ruling out Clarion Inn now! Still lots to think about...and plenty of time to get everybody's thoughts

Edited at 11:00 AM.
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

if you stay at the Clarion, request a room on the parking lot side

the other side of the building is litterally overlooking the I4 ... it does get noisy

we've stayed there a couple of times. Nice hotel (don't fall for the welcome pack if they offer it at check in, you'd be sent across the hallway to a timeshare talk ... no way)

the lynx 50 stops at the end of the driveway (be careful when crossing palm parkway, that road gets busy at times

That's a good option for a cheap offsite stay
you get microwave, fridge and coffemaker. And the rooms are very similar to what you get at disney's moderate (I mean, beds, bathroom, and general feel of the room will remind some of the old coronado springs rooms at disney's
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 19, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma
Imagineer

Scotsmomma's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
if you stay at the Clarion, request a room on the parking lot side

the other side of the building is litterally overlooking the I4 ... it does get noisy

we've stayed there a couple of times. Nice hotel (don't fall for the welcome pack if they offer it at check in, you'd be sent across the hallway to a timeshare talk ... no way)

the lynx 50 stops at the end of the driveway (be careful when crossing palm parkway, that road gets busy at times

That's a good option for a cheap offsite stay
you get microwave, fridge and coffemaker. And the rooms are very similar to what you get at disney's moderate (I mean, beds, bathroom, and general feel of the room will remind some of the old coronado springs rooms at disney's
That bus stop at the end of the driveway is no longer there..you now have to walk up or down the road for the nearest one(not far)
Unread 26 Jun 19, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed there last year but only did Disney
We used the shuttle to get to the parks and Uber to get back when we stayed for the fireworks.
When we stay on Idrive we dont bother with the Iride trolley we buy passes for the lynx buses as we find them more comfortable and not as busy
Unread 26 Jun 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely look at all the hotels on hotel plaza Boulevard as they have buses that run every 30 mins throughout the day and night.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ and villa stay.