Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 25 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dotty
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi there,

As many have stated the type of meals can blow your budget, we managed on 100 per day for 3 adults and a child and never ate in our room. We stayed at cabana bay and would have a Cinnabon or such for breakfast, fill up on our refill mugs which we shared maybe a light lunch and chose a restaurant in the evening, alternating between places like Panda Express, Hard Rock Cafe, ihop, mythos, Applebees etc, any budget leftover was rolled over to the next day, we also paid for Uber on occasions although we were attempting to limit funds we never felt hungry or limited it felt more of a challenge and this year I would like to secretly try again to reduce spends as it leaves more for fun but alas I do love nice food and all those snacks 😆
Unread 25 Jun 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Rather than planning on taking a specific amount why not just take however much you manage to save by the time you go? There'll be less pressure on you that way.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 25 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
We are 2 adults and 1 8 year old travelling october staying 2 weeks offsite, we are planning on taking 4k and praying this is enough. We have breakfast and tusker booked and a table booked at TRex other than those we will be grabbing something as we go.
We took 4K two years ago offsite as 2 adults and a 6 year old and we ate like kings (4 sit down Disney meals and/or at least one sit down meal a day offsite) if we wanted something we bought it (a whole large suitcase came back of clothes, handbags and souvenirs) and still had a few hundred dollars over. Perfect budget.

To answer OP. I think $150-$200 per day will be fine, some days youll spend less others youll spend more.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR - 10 days in the bubble!
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PiixiieMagiic
I have Ears

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your help! This definatly helps to give us an idea. Thanks for all the tips.
PiixiieMagiic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
aj26392
VIP Dibber

First trip we had $140/day between us, this paid for all meals, drinks, extra activities such as crazy golf, helicopter ride, nights out in bar etc. We went all out!

Second trip we didn't do Disney and had $100/day between us. Absolutely fine for eating out etc (we don't eat in the room, other than maybe a cereal bar) and for Ubers. One thing we did do was go to the liquor store opposite our hotel on Int Drive + buy a huge 1.5L bottle of whisky for around $30 - served us well over the three weeks for drinks round the pool instead of using the pool bar

Before our first visit I looked up menu's for the places we were hoping to eat at, and worked out how much it'd cost us if we both chose the most expensive thing on the menu. That way we knew our food budget would more than cover us
Unread 26 Jun 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

On the cereal debate: they have some delicious healthy cereals. Ive brought back a few boxes of the Kashi Go Lean. They also have lovely oatmeals and granolas. They are all there in that big cereal aisle. You can also get corn flakes, bran flakes, rice crispies (they call them rice puffs I think). They have a great range of cereal bars too again running the extreme from very unhealthy and sweeter than anything we have to very healthy choices that we dont have.

We like to have $150 per day each and its a limit not a target! We usually bring some home but its nice to have some breathing room so were not always worrying about costs. Id be comfortable going as low as $100 each. When we first started going I thought in terms of spending money and if I had anything left Id be buying tat at the airport to use it up. These days if we have money left in the last few days I think of it as the start of next years holiday fund.

Looking up menus is a good idea. You can also use the Uber fare estimator.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR-Hawaii-San Diego
Unread 26 Jun 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Meniscus
Getting Excited

Meniscus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Last minute decision to go this year, so very budget conscious! This is my daily spending plan for 2 of us:

Breakfast buffet $20 Golden Corral
Parking $20
Lunch $20 Shake n Steak
Dinner $40 Chili's
Snacks $10

Will possibly be just over this but not by much.
In terms of souvenirs, we have agreed to 1 Christmas decoration and 1 item of clothing each. Plus the wife will buy a pair of ears, I'm sure!

Other than that, I managed to get an adr for BOG for dinner on her birthday. It's a surprise and I'll pay for that outside of our spends.
Meniscus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It started with a dream...
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Earning More Ears

:)

We budget $100/day for two adults. We save by taking water bottles to refill (less plastic waste too) in the parks - the Brita ones have filters that take any odd taste away - and we tend to have a decent sized breakfast (ihop, dennys etc) then a snack later, and a meal out in the evening wherever we fancy (we find it too hot to eat a large meal in the middle of the day). This could be somwhere like Sweet Tomatoes (cheap but oh so good), or splashing out a bit. Snacks are bought in a trip to a supermarket at the start and we use Uber regularly to get around. Staying onsite at Universal (don't really do Disney, though we might take a day trip to Disney Springs) helps with transport costs to parks.

Some days we spend under $100, some days a bit more, but it works out about this in the end. Any additional spending on shopping, B&BW etc is an individual matter!

Edit: just to add, as others have said it's the alcohol that really can add up as it is expensive compared to home, so if you do like a drink buying from a supermarket is the best option when budgeting.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again!
Attraction Tickets Direct