Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
My Magic Holiday
Unread 19 Jun 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good to see the plans are getting firmer. I always feel better with a plan, even tho we never follow it to the letter.
USA Hotel prices seem to have shot up, even since last year. The best deal ive found in Boston is 300pn. I'm checking daily but getting nowhere.

May I add another cocktail to your list? Ask for a Shark Attack in the Tropical Isle bar. (They make the best version). It's Vodka based.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Floridaddicts! 30th trip &still love it!
Unread 20 Jun 17, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

It sounds lovely for your stay in NO!

How's the job search coming along!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 17, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Amanda

I'm all caught up with your amazing plans. What a trip, you'll have so many highlights. I'm excited for you xx
Unread 20 Jun 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Wow this sounds great! I think I want to do your exact holiday. You have put my own road trip planning to shame.

And your boys will be fine.

Really.

Mostly.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 20 Jun 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Sounds amazing, and so many different places to see! Fabulous!

My planning for NY is not going so well - it'll have to be at a much slower pace than normal and my planning is matching that

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dipping Our Toes Into Cruising
Unread 20 Jun 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Good to see the plans are getting firmer. I always feel better with a plan, even tho we never follow it to the letter.
USA Hotel prices seem to have shot up, even since last year. The best deal ive found in Boston is 300pn. I'm checking daily but getting nowhere.

May I add another cocktail to your list? Ask for a Shark Attack in the Tropical Isle bar. (They make the best version). It's Vodka based.
Hello, how was your trip ?
Yep, some of the prices are really steep. I remember saying to Andy I had bagged a fab deal in Dallas so I can't think what it must have been originally for me to think 400 for two nights was a fab deal . I think that was something like half price

I'm pleased with how the plan looks , we have stuff we want to do but apart from the pre booked places, we aren't under pressure . I am sure I will get all itinerary commando nearer the time though

Well, if you insist ... Shark Attack on the list

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It sounds lovely for your stay in NO!

How's the job search coming along!
Hello , Thanks , I'm pleased with how NOLA looks. I'm looking forward to it.

Job hunt is painful I have just got some short term work to see me through July but the next big job is still eluding me. I'm enjoying the sunshine and staying positive

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Hi Amanda

I'm all caught up with your amazing plans. What a trip, you'll have so many highlights. I'm excited for you xx
Hello my lovely , yes there are so many things I'm excited about, I can't pick the highlights. Although I think it could be Graceland, I've always wanted to go there.

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Wow this sounds great! I think I want to do your exact holiday. You have put my own road trip planning to shame.

And your boys will be fine.

Really.

Mostly.
Hello fellow road tripper

Hah, after so many false starts with this trip, I am pleased with the final version. I was sad about dropping the Smokies at first but I think New Orleans is a great replacement.

Omg, two teens on their own with two rowdy hounds. It's like Men Behaving Badly meets Dog Borstal. I don't really want to visualise it

Originally Posted by PlutoFan View Post
Sounds amazing, and so many different places to see! Fabulous!

My planning for NY is not going so well - it'll have to be at a much slower pace than normal and my planning is matching that
Hello

I just read your pre trippy. O M G is all I can say.
Not surprised the planning is a bit slower !
Unread 22 Jun 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our trip was great. Thx for asking. The 1st week n NOLA was a bit 'restricted' as my daughter had a virus. She struggled on during the day - did 2 cemetary tours in the pouring rain but we only managed to go out once in the evenings. I was forced to drink a week's ration of cocktails in one evening & am told that I walked home diagonally, waving my Hurricane souvenir glasses & hugging all the doormen on the way. I of course, deny this. Since I don't remember, it clearly didn't happen.
Btw. Mardi Gras World is a good place to go if the weather's bad.

2nd week was Paradise aka Cape San Blas. Fl. I was thinking of doing a mini trip report since it's not a well known place (on the dibb) but my iPad photos aren't very good. Do you think people would still be interested?
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Floridaddicts! 30th trip &still love it!
Unread 25 Jun 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Our trip was great. Thx for asking. The 1st week n NOLA was a bit 'restricted' as my daughter had a virus. She struggled on during the day - did 2 cemetary tours in the pouring rain but we only managed to go out once in the evenings. I was forced to drink a week's ration of cocktails in one evening & am told that I walked home diagonally, waving my Hurricane souvenir glasses & hugging all the doormen on the way. I of course, deny this. Since I don't remember, it clearly didn't happen.
Btw. Mardi Gras World is a good place to go if the weather's bad.

2nd week was Paradise aka Cape San Blas. Fl. I was thinking of doing a mini trip report since it's not a well known place (on the dibb) but my iPad photos aren't very good. Do you think people would still be interested?
Oh that's a shame, I hope she recovered quickly? Lol at the condensed cocktail drinking... I agree if you can't remember it, it didn't happen

Andy has a colleague in NOLA just now who says Cyclone Cindy is dumping rubbish weather on them, that's a shame too. Blimmin weather ... So I have noted Mardi Gras World as a rainy day alternative !

Yes , yes , please do mini trippie... People always like to hear about new places !
QuickSilver