Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 27 Nov 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm feeling 23...NYC November 2018-Pre Trip

Index

The New York City Pre Trip Report

Hello!

I thought I would have a go at writing up a different kind of trip report this time. I previously wrote a Florida trip report for our first visit last May and Im excited to get writing again!

We are: Katie 22 (turning 23 on the trip!) and Ryan 24 (will be 25 when we go).

Originally when we booked our first Florida holiday we declared that it would be a once in a lifetime trip, yeah right, two days in and we knew we couldnt leave without re visiting one day. When we retuned from the holiday we did agree that we would return to Florida in 2020 and that until then we would explore Europe. We have just bought our first home so wanted time to save up again for Florida. Anyway that wasnt meant to be, after pricing up Europe holidays in comparison to USA holidays we agreed on a 5 night stay to New York for my 23rd birthday!

Flights:

We will be flying on the 15th of November with Virgin from Manchester at 10:30am. When we went to Florida we booked our seats 72 hours in advance for free and we were glad to get seats together. The only problem was, Ryan is 64 and on the return flight the woman in front reclined the whole way back and he had to put his legs in the isle because he couldnt move otherwise! We have decided on this trip we are going to pay for exit seats, it is a lot of money, but it will be worth it so that Ryan doesnt have to be cramped the whole flight!

Our return flight is on the 20th of November (my birthday!) at 7:30pm and we should arrive back in Manchester at 7:00am.

Accommodation:

This was a really hard one, all of the hotels have mixed reviews and its hard to know whether people are reviewing unfairly or if the hotel just isnt that good. In the end we chose the Holiday Inn Times Square, it had mainly all good reviews, was within our price range and it had the location we wanted. For us on this kind of holiday we dont vision that we will spend much time in the hotel room, so as long as its clean its fine with us!

Plans:

There are just so many things we want to explore in New York! We dont have any firm plans yet, but there a few things we definitely want to visit.

The Empire State Building experience
American Museum of Natural History
The Top of the Rock Observation Deck
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
The One World Observatory
Central Park

We have been considering purchasing the New York Explorer pass as this will give us admission to a few of these. We will buy this closer to the time though.

Neither of us are really into shopping so we wont be visiting any malls or outlets on this trip.

And thats all we have planned for now! I am really struggling with finding places we want to eat at so Ill probably be focusing on researching that for now.

A Change of Plans

The Itinerary

Edited at 08:59 PM.
klr15 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California road trip
Unread 11 Feb 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DapperDisNY
Serious Dibber

DapperDisNY's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks like a great start! You have all the big attractions picked out. Are you only doing NYC?

Definitely a lot of places to eat. My advise is not to limit yourself to just one area. Explore all over, uptown, downtown, and of course mid.
DapperDisNY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney World!
Unread 11 Feb 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by DapperDisNY View Post
Looks like a great start! You have all the big attractions picked out. Are you only doing NYC?

Definitely a lot of places to eat. My advise is not to limit yourself to just one area. Explore all over, uptown, downtown, and of course mid.
Thank you! Yes just NYC for this trip, really looking forward to it. I shall have to do some research into the different food places around the other areas.
klr15 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California road trip