Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 22 Apr 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Sounds like a a fab trip - we love New York

The 9/11 Museum is overwhelming in some ways - we found that as two adults and I've been three times now. There is so much detail in there.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Orlando!
Unread 22 Apr 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

My daughter is 14 and loves nyc. We've just booked for next year although she doesn't know yet
We also love love gossip girl and did the gossip girl tour last year and she loved it , just a thought through viator x
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Atlantis Dubai
Unread 23 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I just responded in my own pre-trip! But yeah I'm still a bit lost at sea with the NYC bit
Can book SoL next week and trying to figure out the easiest way to get to and from JFK!
Just responded in your pre trip
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday break in Krakow
Unread 23 Apr 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Sounds like a a fab trip - we love New York

The 9/11 Museum is overwhelming in some ways - we found that as two adults and I've been three times now. There is so much detail in there.
Thanks Kim, we really can't wait
I can only imagine how overwhelming the museum is, I'm not sure if it will be too much for the kids but at the same time I think they should be educated about what happened that day
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday break in Krakow
Unread 23 Apr 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
My daughter is 14 and loves nyc. We've just booked for next year although she doesn't know yet
We also love love gossip girl and did the gossip girl tour last year and she loved it , just a thought through viator x
I just know Hope will love it, she asks me constantly about visiting.
I have looked at the Gossip Girl tour and really think she will enjoy it but not sure about the males in the family . We are already ditching them for the theatre so feel bad leaving them again . How far out did you book?
Birthday break in Krakow
Unread 23 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I just know Hope will love it, she asks me constantly about visiting.
I have looked at the Gossip Girl tour and really think she will enjoy it but not sure about the males in the family . We are already ditching them for the theatre so feel bad leaving them again . How far out did you book?
Hi I booked at least six months I think. To be honest it says three hours - it's not - it was an hour and a half so you won't ditch them for long hehe - my dh and husband went round centra parks on bikes whilst we did the tour. Having said that you technically could go and visit a couple yourself

Edited at 09:53 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Atlantis Dubai
Unread 5 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

So today is Single Digit Day finally!

We are all getting very excited as you can imagine! Packing has commenced, documents have been printed, dollars have been bought and the FairFX has been loaded at the shockingly awful rate of $1.28
I have ordered the 3 Attraction Explorer Pass from Travel Republic which we are hoping to use for the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock and the Hop On Hop Off bus. These were 59 each so well worth getting.

I'm not sure how, but we have still managed to keep it a secret from the kids. There have been a few near misses, the older they get the harder it is to keep things from them
The plan is to tell them over breakfast at the airport once through security.
I have put together a little gift bag each of a t-shirt, some NY tourist leaflets that my in laws kindly brought back from a recent trip and a rough itinerary I printed out.

We'll give them these once we have revealed the true destination! I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed it goes smoothly, wish me luck!
I think that's about all I have to update you all on. Once home I'll get started on the trip report as soon as I can
Birthday break in Krakow
Unread 5 Aug 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I will really look forward to reading your trip report. Your apartment looks great. You have done so well with keeping it secret for so long !
We have booked for our sons 21st in February. We have had to tell him to book a week off work. Im sure he has it in his mind we are going to Benidorm. I will need to do his packing or he will freeze !

Hope you have a safe journey and fantastic holiday. Will look out for your report.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
QuickSilver