Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 6 May 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
slightly serious Dibber

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went last year and absolutely loved it!. I really liked the laid back unplanned feel of the place. It was really quiet when we were there no queues (beginning of June).

We got tickets direct online- they had an offer when we went and it included a meal- really good value.

I really want to go back and stay for a couple of days next time!

As Forkbeard said go to Ngong Ping cable car and the big Buddha. Fantastic day out. You can book the tickets online now so you don't end up queuing.

Have a great time
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
We went last year and absolutely loved it!. I really liked the laid back unplanned feel of the place. It was really quiet when we were there no queues (beginning of June).

We got tickets direct online- they had an offer when we went and it included a meal- really good value.

I really want to go back and stay for a couple of days next time!

As Forkbeard said go to Ngong Ping cable car and the big Buddha. Fantastic day out. You can book the tickets online now so you don't end up queuing.

Have a great time
That's great info about getting the Ngong Ping tickets online.

I noticed huge queues later in the day.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 2017
Unread 17 Feb 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hi do HK Disney do ticketed events like paint the night dessert party or meal tickets including good seats
Unread 17 Feb 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
slightly serious Dibber

Puddle5's Reviews
I'm not sure not seen anything like that on their website but there may be. We arrived five minutes before the light show parade and had a space right at the front of the parade route. For the fireworks light show the CM's made everyone sit down so everyone had a good view, so not really sure this dessert parties, etc are needed here!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We were there last weeekend and you don't need it as Puddle5 said.

There are no fireeworks at the moment due to the renovation of the castle area, but the night time Main Street projection show for Mickey's 90th and then the Paint The Night parade are both amazing and easy to view.

It's common at HK and especially in Tokyo for everyone to sit down for parades etc. Although it is more so at Tokyo.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cruising and The World
Unread 18 Feb 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Apprentice Imagineer

we went just after it opened and loved it (quite some years ago now). It was small and quaint at the time (toy story land didnt exist) but much easier to navigate around. Loved the backdrop mountains. One day is plenty enough to get around.
Disneyland Hotel Christmas Treat.
Unread 18 Feb 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
slightly serious Dibber

Puddle5's Reviews
We've booked to go again in Oct, really excited!
Unread 18 Feb 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved HK. Despite the link to the U.K., it is so foreign, from the language to the shops, traditional markets, food etc. Its a shame in some ways that western companies have infiltrated so much although I know its happening round the world.

I didnt enjoy Singapore, far too hot and humid for me, I just couldnt get around to see much !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bittersweet Trip...
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less