Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We were there last weeekend and you don't need it as Puddle5 said.

There are no fireeworks at the moment due to the renovation of the castle area, but the night time Main Street projection show for Mickey's 90th and then the Paint The Night parade are both amazing and easy to view.

It's common at HK and especially in Tokyo for everyone to sit down for parades etc. Although it is more so at Tokyo.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

we went just after it opened and loved it (quite some years ago now). It was small and quaint at the time (toy story land didnt exist) but much easier to navigate around. Loved the backdrop mountains. One day is plenty enough to get around.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've booked to go again in Oct, really excited!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved HK. Despite the link to the U.K., it is so foreign, from the language to the shops, traditional markets, food etc. It’s a shame in some ways that western companies have infiltrated so much although I know it’s happening round the world.

I didn’t enjoy Singapore, far too hot and humid for me, I just couldn’t get around to see much !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame you didn't like Singapore Ericsmum. I absolutely loved it we spent a week there and could easily have stayed longer. Our son was living over there at the time and we went all over, quite a bit off the beaten track. It was very hot, but not actually as hot as when we were in HK and China but the humidity is unlike any where else we have been.

Going with my daughter to HK her first time, looking forward to showing her the sites, one of my favourite days was Nong Ping and the big Buddha, but it was over 40 degrees that day so hoping a bit cooler in October!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Shame you didn't like Singapore Ericsmum. I absolutely loved it we spent a week there and could easily have stayed longer. Our son was living over there at the time and we went all over, quite a bit off the beaten track. It was very hot, but not actually as hot as when we were in HK and China but the humidity is unlike any where else we have been.

Going with my daughter to HK her first time, looking forward to showing her the sites, one of my favourite days was Nong Ping and the big Buddha, but it was over 40 degrees that day so hoping a bit cooler in October!
I also loved Singapore even though it was hot and humid. We were there last year and also went to Hong Kong. Funnily enough the one day that stands out to me was the trip to see the Big Buddha. After seeing the Buddha and Monastery we caught a bus to a small fishing village Tai O. It was a fantastic day but it was just as hot there as Singapore!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List